Jacky And Daisy

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Lancaster
Hello Natrah - a couple of days ago, my dad broke a tooth, but thought he would wait to try to see the dentist until he and my mum have their check-up appointments in 2 weeks. However , his face started swelling and hurting a lot, and he phoned the dentist, and got an appointment for first thing yesterday. She is a lovely dentist, and they have known and trusted her for years - however, he was horrified when she said she needed to take it out straight away! But he is glad now that she did, as the swelling and pain have reduced - but he said one of the injections was the most painful thing he had ever felt in his life !!! He didn't feel like taking me out for a walk today or yesterday, but he lit a fire and my mum gave me a very long stroke by it both days - she and I both enjoyed that a lot.
By the way, sometimes I like to hide my presents to my mum in the conservatory, so that she can get a lovely surprise when she treads on them !
Lots of love to you and Jacky and Angel Daisy, and to all my forum friends from Zola (and Angie) xxxxxxxxx
Dear Zola,
Sorry I laughed. I was picturing your surprise present to your mom. Not that you were deprived of your ride. I hope your dad gets better quickly 🙏 🤗.
Sapphire 😘🐢

MaNaAk

Southend
Good evening everyone!

It's been a lovely day here and Jacky has enjoyed some climbing on the rockery. Sapphire do you mean to say that Razberri doesn't like going outside either? Did you get out today? The wildlife you describe sounds amazing!

Sherman, Dickie and Zola have you all been out. Zola how is your dad has he taken any Ibuprofen? It is best that the tooth comes out before it causes any more problems. That said I need to organise my next dental appointment because I need a checkup and possibly a filling looked at.

Goodnight everyone

Natrah, Jacky and Angel Daisy IMG20240519162042.jpgIMG20240519153422.jpgIMG20240519152011.jpg

zolasmum

5 Year Member
Dear Natrah - my dad was feeling quite a lot better today, so, as it was sunny, we went for a walk on the breakwater, and I had a good time. Then I had a short rest with my mum, but without a fire today. I hope it will be sunny tomorrow, as I do love my walks.
Lots of love to you, and to Jacky and Angel Daisy, and to all our forum friends from Zola and Angie xxxxxxx

MoggyMad

Northamptonshire
All good here too. Dickie has been out & is eating well when the weather is warm. She weighs 3.3 kg now.
Pete says Sherman was out on Saturday eating grass, he eats a lot of grass which is normal for Sulcata’s I think.
Ive noticed Dickie heads towards me now when I’m outside. She also heads for George who jumps up & moves! I was watching her to see what she was going to do when she reached his tail, he did jump up pretty quickly so I don’t know if she bit it 😆
Hope everyone is feeling ok now.
Goodnight

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Good evening everyone!

It's been a lovely day here and Jacky has enjoyed some climbing on the rockery. Sapphire do you mean to say that Razberri doesn't like going outside either? Did you get out today? The wildlife you describe sounds amazing!

Sherman, Dickie and Zola have you all been out. Zola how is your dad has he taken any Ibuprofen? It is best that the tooth comes out before it causes any more problems. That said I need to organise my next dental appointment because I need a checkup and possibly a filling looked at.

Goodnight everyone

Natrah, Jacky and Angel Daisy View attachment 370844View attachment 370845View attachment 370846
Dear Natrah, Jacky, and Angel Daisy,
Razberri is a strictly indoor bunny and would be very frightened outside just like Dilly. Both of them really like lounging in the sunshine coming through an open window or door though. Mr Fre will be outside almost as much as me. But I'm special. 🐢I get to play outside in the sunshine a lot of the day in my very own enclosure now. We are getting my favorite weather now.🐢😊
Sincerely ,
Sapphire
Ps I love hearing a violin played well even if it isn't an heirloom.

zolasmum

5 Year Member
Dear Natrah - it was sunny today, but I couldn't go for a walk, because my dad had to cit the lawn for the first time this year. Luckily there are still lots of dandelions around the garden.
Lots of love to you, Jacky , Angel Daisy and all my forum friends
from Zola xxxxx and Angie xxxx

MaNaAk

Southend
Good evening everyone!

Sorry this is late but I've making a list of the pupils that my colleague has (the ones who I am teaching temporarily). There are ten of them and I am trying to get the last two to finish earlier so that I can have Saturday evenings with free to see friends. I hope your dad feels better Zola and how is your mum. Jacky has been quite a bit of time outside and soon I shall stop using the lights like Dickie. The neighbours love Jacky and the neighbour that looked in on Jacky and Daisy when I was away brought her some dandelions yesterday. Anyway my colleague who had the heart attack is recovering at him and they are trying to find out what caused it. Finally George and Dilly we had a feline friend visiting this evening who crossed the road especially to see us and wanted to get in the flat.

Goodnight everyone

Natrah, Jacky and Angel Daisy

PS: Sue on Facebook I have noticed a video of a tortoise nibbling a cat's tail!

zolasmum

5 Year Member
Dear Natrah - it was sunny today, and I had a lovely long walk on the breakwaer - and a rest being stroked by my mum afterwards - I find that these days I especially like being stroked on my head, so I always stretch it right out so she can get a good angle on it. I hope you sorted out your temporary pupils ok in the end.
Lots of love to you, Jacky and Angel Daisy, and to all our forum friends from Zola xxxxx and Angie xxxxxxx

MaNaAk

Southend
Good evening everyone!

Zola it sounds you had better weather than us on Tuesday but did you have good weather yesterday? I had to stay inside on Tuesday and yesterday due to dreadful weather but I was out today and I had a very good bask. On Tuesday I did some housework but Natrah just moaned and asked me what the food was doing on the floor and she also said that the basking table is a food bowl!!!! Sapphire have you managed to get out yet. It sounds as though your garden is very much your own if Dilly and Razberri don't like being outside except for Mr Fre!

Goodnight everyone

Jacky, Angel Daisy and Natrah

zolasmum

5 Year Member
Hello Natrah - we had awful weather yesterday, and today was quite cold and a bit showery, so I haven't been for a walk - my dad didn't light the fire, but drew the curtains, and I sat in the dark with my mum for about an hour - up near her shoulder, being stroked gently all the time. We both enjoyed it, and I didn't mind not having a walk on the breakwater at all. My mum will be going to the hospital on June 4th, to the headache clinic, and we hope she will find out what is happening about the new treatment then. She is very keen to try it, as her headaches are a big problem for her.
My dad has been planting out lots of things in the garden - seeds he germinated, and also bedding plants of various kinds - it will be very pretty soon.
Love to you, Jacky and Angel Daisy, and all our forum friends from Zola xxxxxxxx

MaNaAk

Southend
Hello Natrah - we had awful weather yesterday, and today was quite cold and a bit showery, so I haven't been for a walk - my dad didn't light the fire, but drew the curtains, and I sat in the dark with my mum for about an hour - up near her shoulder, being stroked gently all the time. We both enjoyed it, and I didn't mind not having a walk on the breakwater at all. My mum will be going to the hospital on June 4th, to the headache clinic, and we hope she will find out what is happening about the new treatment then. She is very keen to try it, as her headaches are a big problem for her.
My dad has been planting out lots of things in the garden - seeds he germinated, and also bedding plants of various kinds - it will be very pretty soon.
Love to you, Jacky and Angel Daisy, and all our forum friends from Zola xxxxxxxx
Good evening everyone!

We shall be thinking of your mum on the 4th June Zola and I hope she can have that medication. We've had a good day today and it would have been my youngest brother's birthday but of course we fell out over the old house. Jacky and I didn't see why we shouldn't celebrate so we both enjoyed strawberries and I bought special biscuits as well. I know Sue and Angie are aware of the difficulties that I had with relatives who weren't interested in caring but couldn't wait for the inheritance. Anyway I also think of Richard and his sister Angie. I hope Richard is okay. I also remember my birthday and Daisy doing her best disappearing act and having everyone hunting for her🤣🐢.

Goodnight everyone

Natrah, Jacky and Angel Daisy IMG20240524131336.jpgIMG20240524131035.jpg

MoggyMad

Northamptonshire
Those photos look delicious 😊
Dickie‘s had 2 days of not eating due to the weather being chilly & wet or overcast but today she has eaten although it only warmed up a bit this afternoon.
George has been to the vet for antibiotics as he had the start of an abscess following a bite on his ear. He’s doing ok now.
Natrah i do know what you went through & it was a horrible time for you. Im glad you have since managed to move on from that time without interference from your siblings.
We‘ve seen the plans that have been submitted on the planning site for the proposed redevelopment of Petes old family home. It’s unrecognizable. They want to replace the double garage with a 2 storey extension & a total transformation of the front aspect with the (beautiful) garden being replaced with a double car port & a widened block paved drive. It’s very modern & lovely but changes the whole character of the house. Not sure it’s the right sort of thing to build right opposite thatched cottages on a narrow village street. Bit upsetting really. It will be interesting to see what the parish council say as it is a conservation area. The next door neighbour has already submitted similar plans as well. If both developments go ahead it will change the whole look & feel of that end of the street with quaint thatched terraced cottages one side & massive modern glass fronted houses with big open drives & no front garden the other side. Hmm…🤔
Enjoy the Bank Holiday weekend everyone & hopefully the weather will improve a bit more soon for us all to enjoy. 👋

MaNaAk

Southend
Good evening everyone!

Just a quick note to say on Jacky's behalf to say that she went to bed later than usual because she went out twice. She will have a bath tomorrow because she decided to lay across the food bowl with the tomatoes and strawberries in it and she is in a terrible mess 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢.

Goodnight everyone

Natrah, Jacky and Angel Daisy

PS: I hope you feel better soon George 😺.

MaNaAk

Southend
Good evening everyone!

I'm just letting you all know that I have booked a sight test on the 4th June because I feel that there is a change in my prescription. There last time I had a sight test it showed a slight deterioration in my right eye but not in my left eye so it could be that my left eye has now changed. Anyway I shall make sure that I can see the chart in the mirror this time unlike last time where I just described items in the background 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣. This happened the day after the undertakers turned up in the shop and I asked them if they were there for music lessons 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣. The expressions on their faces were priceless!!!

Please find below pictures of my day in London:

Hyde Park
Buckingham Palace
Houses Of Parliament

I am now going home to Jacky and her strawberries...

Goodnight everyone

Natrah IMG20240527170539.jpgIMG20240527152239.jpgIMG20240527152012.jpgIMG20240527151925.jpgIMG20240527145438.jpgIMG20240527145434.jpgIMG20240527145049.jpgIMG20240527145042.jpgIMG20240527145028.jpgIMG20240527134015.jpgIMG20240527133901.jpg

zolasmum

5 Year Member
Hello Natrah - some lovely photos - especially the swan! You must be really tired after all that walking. I didn't get a walk on the breakwater today, as although it was sunny, there was a cold wind. My mum and I had a very nice stroking session this afternoon - I find it very soothing, and I think she does too. I show her exactly where I want to be, and how I want to be stroked, and she seems to understand pretty well. After all this time, I think I am getting her quite well trained !
Love to you, Jacky and Angel Daisy, and to all our forum friends from Zola xxxxxxxx
(and Angie xxxx)

The_Four_Toed_Edward

Finland
Hello everyone!

The last few days I have been enjoying making soup by dragging food from my food bowl to my water dish. But it is for decorational purposes only! I obviously won't drink from my water dish after it is littered and I won't eat the wet food so I have had my servant clean the water dish few times a day.

I have had great weather last few weeks and have been able to get out almost every day. On Sunday my servant insisted on keeping me inside due to it being less than 20C outside. I patiently waited for him to take me out from my ramp but nothing! The next morning I woke up 2 hours before my basking area turns on and eventually woke my servant up before 6 am by digging against the wall. 😝

I have found two new favorite food, apple tree flowers and dandelion flowers, but my servant still insists I have to eat other foods.

Good evening from Edward (It is already past 9 pm here!), I hope your humans haven't bee bothering you too much lately

MaNaAk

Southend
Hello everyone!

The last few days I have been enjoying making soup by dragging food from my food bowl to my water dish. But it is for decorational purposes only! I obviously won't drink from my water dish after it is littered and I won't eat the wet food so I have had my servant clean the water dish few times a day.

I have had great weather last few weeks and have been able to get out almost every day. On Sunday my servant insisted on keeping me inside due to it being less than 20C outside. I patiently waited for him to take me out from my ramp but nothing! The next morning I woke up 2 hours before my basking area turns on and eventually woke my servant up before 6 am by digging against the wall. 😝

I have found two new favorite food, apple tree flowers and dandelion flowers, but my servant still insists I have to eat other foods.

Good evening from Edward (It is already past 9 pm here!), I hope your humans haven't bee bothering you too much lately
Dear Edward,

I laid in the food bowl the other day🤣🤣🤣🤣🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢!

Jacky

MenagerieGrl

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
El Sobrante, CA.
Hello everyone!

Um, is your achatina iradalei named GARY, by chance!!!???🐌