Little Mr. FreBee.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Lancaster
I hope everything goes great with you and your puppy. Can't believe how small they are!
They're all liking peeing and pooping on newspaper in between tearing it up. So I think he'll be easy to house train 😄 the other biggy is getting along with Razberri and all that. After that the training is easy. Yes they are tiny and so cuddly. They love people. And want to play constantly. I think I'll be fine.

KarenSoCal

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Low desert 50 mi SE of Palm Springs CA
There are 2 most important things to get right when training a dog of any age...timing and consistency. You need to reward, or rebuke, the dog at the exact moment the behavior occurs. If you are even a little too early or too late with the treat, then you have just rewarded possibly unwanted behavior. If you are teaching "sit", the reward comes the exact moment the furry butt hits the floor. This is where clicker training comes in handy, since it can be difficult to give a treat exactly on time. The dog learns that a click means he did good and a treat is coming...just maybe not immediately.

Consistency is also important. Use the same word(s) every time for a particular action. "Sit" means sit. It's not "sit down"..."down" is going to be an entirely different command before long. Imagine how confusing that would be. "Sit down"...the pup is thinking which does she want me to do? Sit or Down? And all family members should use the same commands.

And I think another step should be taken...try to look at an action through your dog's eyes, from his perspective. I find that it helps me to know when that exact moment is that the treat (or click) should be given. It also helps me make the instruction more concise by cutting out unnecessary chatter and movement. The simpler, the better.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
There are 2 most important things to get right when training a dog of any age...timing and consistency. You need to reward, or rebuke, the dog at the exact moment the behavior occurs. If you are even a little too early or too late with the treat, then you have just rewarded possibly unwanted behavior. If you are teaching "sit", the reward comes the exact moment the furry butt hits the floor. This is where clicker training comes in handy, since it can be difficult to give a treat exactly on time. The dog learns that a click means he did good and a treat is coming...just maybe not immediately.

Consistency is also important. Use the same word(s) every time for a particular action. "Sit" means sit. It's not "sit down"..."down" is going to be an entirely different command before long. Imagine how confusing that would be. "Sit down"...the pup is thinking which does she want me to do? Sit or Down? And all family members should use the same commands.

And I think another step should be taken...try to look at an action through your dog's eyes, from his perspective. I find that it helps me to know when that exact moment is that the treat (or click) should be given. It also helps me make the instruction more concise by cutting out unnecessary chatter and movement. The simpler, the better.
Amen. I bought a clicker. Mr Fre Bee and I are being couch potatoes together today.IMG_20240313_162315416.jpg

Sarah2020

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
London, UK
Georgous puppy eyed dog. You are going to have a strong bond and years of fun. Look forward to all the updates. 🐕

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Georgous puppy eyed dog. You are going to have a strong bond and years of fun. Look forward to all the updates. 🐕
I hope it's ok for him to be so attached. He doesn't want me out of his sight so it's been a crazy day two. I had to rethink my playpen. I made it smaller as a potty training device and decided to just take my chances on the rug. I use a commercial grade bound area rug . It's old and I'll just replace it when I'm done with house training. It needs replaced anyway. I guess I'll be sleeping with a puppy for a while. Mr. Fre and I had a good night's sleep though 💤💤💤

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
What a cutie
He's very sweet. What's really nice is I have a built in puppy sitter situation if I can't take him with me. My brother's dog is his mother. Mr. Fre is going on a play date with his mom and siblings tomorrow and Saturday too. After that I can drop him off if I can't take him anytime I need to. Also, if something happens and I can't take care of him he'll be safe with my brother. Briar misses him so it'll be nice for both of them tomorrow.

Chubbs the tegu

Ma
He's very sweet. What's really nice is I have a built in puppy sitter situation if I can't take him with me. My brother's dog is his mother. Mr. Fre is going on a play date with his mom and siblings tomorrow and Saturday too. After that I can drop him off if I can't take him anytime I need to. Also, if something happens and I can't take care of him he'll be safe with my brother. Briar misses him so it'll be nice for both of them tomorrow.
Thats awesome! I miss having a dog

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Well no I still can't move without him becoming a little sissy baby whiny butt poop fart stink.. He's got to be with me every step of the way. 🙃

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Mr Fre got to play with his mom and siblings today. I know I'm prejudiced but he is a perfect little puppy. He's doing really good at house training. He's somewhat fitting in with my house bunny. They are sniffing each other slowly 😉 small steps. He follows beside me and I didn't even have to train him for that. So we'll see. My brother is regretting not keeping every single one of them.🤗 but this much I'm sure of. If in the future, I'm not able to care for him my brother will. Mr Fre is as safe as he can be.

Len B

10 Year Member!
Southern Md - Northern Neck Va
Mr Fre got to play with his mom and siblings today. I know I'm prejudiced but he is a perfect little puppy. He's doing really good at house training. He's somewhat fitting in with my house bunny. They are sniffing each other slowly 😉 small steps. He follows beside me and I didn't even have to train him for that. So we'll see. My brother is regretting not keeping every single one of them.🤗 but this much I'm sure of. If in the future, I'm not able to care for him my brother will. Mr Fre is as safe as he can be.
My pups are very important to me and I believe Mr Fre is important to you and that bond will only grow in time. I'm happy for both of you. Enjoy your lives together.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
My pups are very important to me and I believe Mr Fre is important to you and that bond will only grow in time. I'm happy for both of you. Enjoy your lives together.
Thank you.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Thank you.
I've always loved toy dogs. I love their personality. They think they rule the world. You have to love their spirit. I've always wanted one even though they are just little yap yap ankle biters. My brother's yaps and then hides behind his chair. She's smarter than most of them. I'm going to have fun 😁

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Mr. Fre has been letting me off my leash a little bit today.😜

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
This is poorIMG_20240318_165935377.jpg little Mr. Fre after his first bath. I had to give him one early because he was scratching like he actually had an itch. He actually enjoyed the bath with Dawn. But keeping him warm and drying omg.