Lighting??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Isa

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Montreal, QC, Canada
Hello all

Hermy's new house (tort table) will measure 7'*2 1/2'. Now she lives in a terrarium 3'*1 1/2'. Now I have a uvb light compact 10.0 and a 100w for the basking light. I dont need anything else to keep the good temperature. This summer, I have to go to the states so I will get the T-rex 100W (UVB+UVB). I will put my t-rex on one side. Is it ok to just have one light with UVB and UVA? I guess I will need to put a light on the cold side since it is going to be too cold (it gets very cold in montreal in the winter).
Does anyone of you have an idea of how many lights will I need?

Thanks for your help.

Isa

Jentortmom

10 Year Member!
Arizona
just an fyi lllreptile in CA ships supplies worlwide. I would keep all the lights on one end of the enclosure, at night you can use a red bulb or a heat emitter during the winter to keep it at a regulated heat, Your tort will move to where it is comfortable.

Isa

10 Year Member!
Montreal, QC, Canada
jenrell23 said:
just an fyi lllreptile in CA ships supplies worlwide. I would keep all the lights on one end of the enclosure, at night you can use a red bulb or a heat emitter during the winter to keep it at a regulated heat, Your tort will move to where it is comfortable.

ahhh i see, I should not put any lights on the cold side (only a heat emitter or something during the winter) but wont it be too dark for her (there will be lights on only 3.5' of the enclosure)? Wont she be depressed or something? (This question might sound stupid but I am curious)?

Thanks

Isa

Crazy1

10 Year Member!
Inland Empire, CA
Isa said:
jenrell23 said:

ahhh i see, I should not put any lights on the cold side (only a heat emitter or something during the winter) but wont it be too dark for her (there will be lights on only 3.5' of the enclosure)? Wont she be depressed or something? (This question might sound stupid but I am curious)?
Isa

No, she should be just fine. In their natural habitat they hide under bushes and in rock crevices or dig into the dirt to get out of the heat and the light. Giving her light on part of her enclosure will help create micro climates which is what you want to do so she can regulate it herself (As Jen said) by moving from area to area.

Status
Not open for further replies.