Leppard Gecko!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Irwin4530

5 Year Member
joshtaylor123 said:
Might be getting one. Are they good pets? :)

Love mine.
Personalities are wonderful and because they are nocturnal they do not need all of the special lighting that tortoises require.

lisa127

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
NE Ohio
Leopard geckos make awesome lizard pets. I really miss them. I used to breed them many years ago. Though the tank needs to be dry, make sure the little guy has a humid hide to aid in shedding.

NudistApple

5 Year Member
Pittsburgh, PA
Leopard geckos are great! I fostered two for a while a few years ago, and now my partner has one. (-: They really do have great personalities, and they swiftly come to recognize their owners as their food source. I highly suggest getting at least a 20L tank for one, it's hard to establish a good temperature gradient in a 10 gallon, let alone fitting three hides in!

joshtaylor123

5 Year Member
Irwin4530 said:
Love mine.
Personalities are wonderful and because they are nocturnal they do not need all of the special lighting that tortoises require.

Do they need an overhead heat source? Cause that's all I have

lisa127

10 Year Member!
NE Ohio
joshtaylor123 said:
Irwin4530 said:
Love mine.

Do they need an overhead heat source? Cause that's all I have

You can use an overhead heat source. It's fine. I always preferred the undertank heat pads for leo's though.

Status
Not open for further replies.