Last Nights Dig

Yellow Turtle01

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
OH, USA
Hehehehe, that's an interesting thought! Ever found an out of place baby in the big tort's yard?

N2TORTS

5 Year Member
Barb ,,,,in the last 9 years or so , We have only missed one nest (that I know of ) it was couple years back I actually found the 3 eggs in the nest box inside the Cherry hut…went ahead and placed in the incubator and 1 of the three actually hatched out. For the most part and short story …along with some insight to newcomers. As you know, The Torts, and The Cove’ are HUGE part of my life and I know them well (all 24 adults)….very well! Much as a parent “just knows” something is up with their child. Rather it be coming down with a cold, a failed test at school, a new crush or just flat out lying. Well ….this old man never had kids, and myself an only child- The tortoises (animals in whole) have been my interests / kids for many years …..So like kids and adults alike, gravid females have tell tell routines and habits when they are going to nest. So I keep an extra eye on them and 99% of the time have camera and egg digging tools ready …….it makes for great record keeping and accuracy on the linage. I would imagine much like being a parent …"experience” being the key factor. ;)