IVORY SULCATA THREAD: Aladar's Babies! (ULTRA PHOTO HEAVY)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeanS

SULCATA OASIS
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
SoCal
Here are a few shots of the trio roaming the front lawn not five minutes ago...at almost 3 weeks, they cover a lot of ground. We watched one of them traipse one end to the other in about a minute and a half...that's 50 feet of lawn! One even crawled up on Sydney's hand...so she did what came natural to her...
DSC_0251.JPG DSC_0221.JPG DSC_0228.JPG

DeanS

SULCATA OASIS
10 Year Member!
SoCal
Today...the three ITs roamed the yard a bit (I limit sun exposure to 15 minutes stretches). They trudge through grass, clover and weeds...stopping for a brief munch...then off to business again. Given our stretch of 95*F plus days...I've turned off their RHP for now...it sticks around 90 in their shoe box during the day...and 85 at night. I'm happy with that...and they seem to be, as well! For the record, they turn 3 weeks on Thursday, at which time they'll move out of the shoe box...and live in the sweater box for another week or two while I decide EXACTLY how I'm going to house them for the next year!

Todays weights...

IT-1: 35 grams
IT-2: 38 grams
IT-3: 40 grams

DeanS

SULCATA OASIS
10 Year Member!
SoCal
The three ITs are 3 weeks old today! They're amusing as hell! Their steps are still extremely unsteady...they lunge for food with no grace whatsoever...and once in awhile, they actually nab something (usually medic, though I've seen two actually eat a blade of grass. They like theit Mazuri off a fork and mixed with micro-chopped alfalfa! Here are a few shots...
DSC_0274.JPG DSC_0298.JPG DSC_0299.JPG

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I hope you don't ever get tired of updating this thread, because I sure never get tired of looking at it.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Why...it's a ballerina! a one, and a two, and a...Plie...and adagio and allonge! Now twirl! Leg up on the bar...

DeanS

SULCATA OASIS
10 Year Member!
SoCal
These goofs never cease to amuse...DSC_0347.JPG

Doesn't everyone feed their torts Mazuri off a fork? :p BTW, there's hay mixed into the Mazuri!

DSC_0356.JPGDSC_0364.JPGDSC_0357.JPG
And who doesn't appreciate a little baby tortoise butt...
DSC_0342.JPG

Flipper

MO, USA
Wow! The pic of the baby still in it's egg is like heaven :<3:

Status
Not open for further replies.