It started out simple...

haphazzard

5 Year Member
Hi all, I just finished the new table for my red foot. It is 6'6" by 3'6" with a hide that is 1' by 3'6". I put a ramp to the top of the hide to use the space but am not to sure I like it yet. IT has one 48" 10% uvb bulb and one 48" plant bulb. I piped a fogger in to the hide and put a heat cable in the bottom so it will stay warm and humid in there. I also have a CHE close to the "pond" and a misting system in there, I think I may add a couple more nozzles to the mister. there is a mix of lettuce, kale, collards, herbs and a strawberry plant in there now but that will change as he bulldozes/eats plants. I will link put a link to a vid I made but please dont judge its my first vid and was taken with my windows phone LOL.

let me know what you think! Thanks!

Elohi

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Texas
^^ it won't allow me to view the video. It daisy it's private.

Elohi(Earth)

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Is there any way to edit posts? The title here is just silly!

I thought it might have supposed to have been, "It started out simple" what would you like me to change it to?

Telid

5 Year Member
TX
Out of curiosity: it looks like you used a stain on the wood - what did you use? I am building a table, and don't want to use something harmful to the little guys. I also like your wooden bundle walls - where did you buy it? I found something similar at home depot, but would have to cut it to size - I am trying to see if there is a more direct option.

Subersibo

10 Year Member!
Nice enclosure! I, too, would like to know about that mini reed fencing thingy you used. Looks great!

Kathy Coles

5 Year Member
North Carolina
And what have you spent? It looks amazing. So organized and controlled. I wouldn't move the plants from the edges, bulldozing is what they LIVE for.

haphazzard

5 Year Member
Sorry I didn't check this post for a while and missed a few posts. I used unpeeled willow fencing around the enclosure for a more natural look, I got it from Menards (big box home store) but it had to be ordered and cut to fit. I used regular oil based stain and exterior spar urethane to finish it, it's working out well so far. As for how much I spent.... more than I'd like to admit but the mister, fogger and heat cable are a bit pricey. Thanks for all the kind words I put alot of time and energy into it and I love how it turned out!

Shakudo

5 Year Member
The Netherlands
I can imagine, you can be proud of your work, it looks great!! I was curling my toes however, when your tort was bulldozing along...
and I thought... well.... that was a nice enclosure....;)

Is he keeping anything untouched?

Joey