Introductions :))

lisamarie10

Hi all - I'm a proud 2 week owner of a 6 month old herman tortoise :)) he seems to be doing great at moment - eating nicely, enjoying a soak and quite active - I have loved having a nosey through all the posts and hv learnt so much already :)) so catch you on here at some time and thank you for such a fab site - love lisa and tucker :D

ImageUploadedByTortForum1393089104.082476.jpg

ImageUploadedByTortForum1393089166.680298.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

ascott

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Apple Valley, California
Tucker is adorable....I would reconsider placing food directly on that bark substrate...that stuff may accidentally be ingested while trying to consume the food....:D

lisamarie10

Thank you :)) I shall move the food also :) looking for a spider plant to put in there for him - any thoughts or better suggestions?

ascott

10 Year Member!
Apple Valley, California
Do you have some type of top for the enclosure? Like to cover about 3/4 or so off the top...a top will allow warmth and humidity to balance out a bit which is a good thing for the baby....any safe plants are good, you can also use silk plants as a variety of hiding places, I just would avoid silk plants that have decorative berries and such....

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hi Lisa:

Welcome to the forum!

Grandpa Turtle 144

5 Year Member
Hello Lisa welcome to the TFO from AZ, USA . Herrmanns are a lot of fun . Good luck