Hello one and all

Status
Not open for further replies.

tasena

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Just a quick note to say hello to all, I have always loved torts, and in the past was very happy living with a couple of Russian torts. I now am the proud owner of a yearling Burmese Brown Tortoise (thats just the cutest). I am really enjoying reading all the posts and have learned lots of new things and seen some great ideas already. I am excited to have the resource of so many knowledgeable tort owners and breeders.

Tereasa (in North Idaho)

0,0,1 Burmese Brown Tortoise

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
A Land Far Away...
Welcome! A Burmese, that's great. Always curious, especially when somebody gets one of the more uncommon species, why did you happen to choose the Burmese?

Crazy1

10 Year Member!
Inland Empire, CA
Welcome to the forum, I am looking forward to hearing of your adventures with your torts and pics. We love pics.

katesgoey

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Welcome Tereasa! Looking foward to hearing how you chose the Burmese - and of course photos:)

Shawn and Dianne

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Lakeland, FL
Welcome! To me, Burmese brown torts have some of the most unique personalities of all the kinds of torts, have fun!

Dianne

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hi Tereasa: You're going to have fun trying to provide a rain forest for your little Burmese living in Idaho! I also have the brown, a young male and an adult female. They are ALWAYS hungry!!

Welcome to the forum.

Yvonne

Jeremy

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Hi Tereasa; I think you will find this forum has friendly people with good advice.

Jeremy

tasena

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Jacqui said:
Welcome! A Burmese, that's great. Always curious, especially when somebody gets one of the more uncommon species, why did you happen to choose the Burmese?

As one author put it they are not the prettiest torts, but they have the greatest personalities. This was really the biggest draw for me to give this breed a try.

tasena

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
emysemys said:
Hi Tereasa: You're going to have fun trying to provide a rain forest for your little Burmese living in Idaho! I also have the brown, a young male and an adult female. They are ALWAYS hungry!!

Welcome to the forum.

Yvonne

So far the sprinkler system I have seems to be keeping the humidity at an appropriate level, but I am always up for a challenge:D

Itort

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Iowa
Welcome, another Burmese owner. They are definetely very unique torts. Dull looking but behaviorly great. Checkout www.defyingdestiny.org

Status
Not open for further replies.