Introducing Rogue

Ben Page

Location (City and/or State)
Phoenix, AZ
We picked up our adult male Russian from ATC yesterday. My daughter loves him and just sits by his cage. The cage is finally complete less the plants. I have lots potted up and I'm waiting for them to become established before putting them in the enclosure. I'm looking forward to many happy years with him and I want to thank everyone here for all the help in getting his home ready.
3cd403fb5c0e51ea09ce10ac967440bd.jpg

7d2f37ad5d549a533475fc8f7d63ad0c.jpg

2aa2217a7c215afe4e2e293f26bd68df.jpg

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Glad your enjoying him. One suggestion. If it's not, hard to tell for sure in the pics, sink the dishes in the substrate so the rim is level with the ground. Also, don't forget and update pic once you have the plants in there.

Ben Page

Phoenix, AZ
I am concerned with the temperatures in the enclosure. Using a temperature gun I am testing the temperatures in the cage. I have 95 on the stone under the heat lamp, 72 under the fluorescent light but it is only 67 on the other end which is where I have his hide. Should I move the humid hide to the hot end or even add another so he can have a hide in both ends? What should I put in the humid hide to increase humidity? Are these temps high enough? I have the fluorescent light as high as it can go, it is 13" above the substrate so I can lower it to increase the temps. The lighting is an Arcadia D3 6% T8 Reptile Lamp and an 5000k light and I have a 90 Watt Chromalux halogen flood basking bulb on a dimmer for the heat.