I am completely in love with our new arrival!

Spannerz

So, we finally picked up our new baby and I have fallen head over heels for him. He is such a little character with a blossoming personality.

Sidney or Sid as he has already become affectionately known was born on 21st May 2014, he's curious, adventurous and seemingly loves posing for a pic. ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1411653629.901536.jpg

Yellow Turtle01

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
OH, USA
He's a cutie! :D Just make sure to keep him humid/and soak often, he looks like his previous (home?) gave him a tiny bit of pyramiding :(
He really stared down the camera :D!

Spannerz

I did think that myself but was unsure and simply not knowledgable enough to know for definite. I've only had him 2 days and he came from a breeder. I've been splitting his soak times so he's having 2 a day rather than one long one. Would you advise to continue with this for the time being or just do one longer one? I've been spraying his substrate with a light misting of water (not soaking)while he's been bathing.

Spannerz

Sorry to add to this. I just want to make sure I have got things straight in my head.

If I am providing the correct husbandry, keeping things humid, soaking, correct diet, etc. the signs of pyramiding will not get any worse? I understand what's already been done can not be reversed.

I have started a little diary with records of temp/humidity, stool record, soak times, feeding habits, general behaviour. At the back ive started a measurements record for weekly weigh in. I know it's still early days, but I believe this will aid in my learning to care for him and also highlight if anything should go wrong.