Introducing Myself

Trae Hazelrigg

Location (City and/or State)
Lahaina, Hi
Hello,

My name is Trae Hazelrigg, Im 22 and I live in Hawaii! More specifically the westside of Maui! Im brand new to this forum, and look forward to being apart of this community! Ive wanted a tortoise for a few years now but have not had the space or money to give one the best life. So here I am, hoping to learn as much as possible before making a life long commitment. I hope Im okay asking some questions in this introduction of myself. What tortoise is best suited to live in Hawaii? Maui is a very warm and humid place year round so I want a tortoise that would thrive in these conditions. From what I've researched, the red-foot would probably be the best option for me. I want to start the tortoise out in an inside enclosure but eventually have it live outside year round. I just want to say thank you in advance to anyone who takes the time to say hi back and help me find what tortoise would best suit me!

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Aloha and E komo mai.
The best tortoise for Maui is called the Wellington lol. I love Hawaii. Can't say I have been to Maui yet, but many trips to Oahu and one to Kauai.
I would start with a search on what is available there for you to get. I know we have a few members from a couple different islands and some that have had a hard time getting a hold of a tortoise.
See what is available and do the search here for the care. Of course all questions are welcomed. All hatchlings need to be started inside in a closed chamber.

Trae Hazelrigg

Lahaina, Hi
Aloha and E komo mai.
The best tortoise for Maui is called the Wellington lol. I love Hawaii. Can't say I have been to Maui yet, but many trips to Oahu and one to Kauai.
I would start with a search on what is available there for you to get. I know we have a few members from a couple different islands and some that have had a hard time getting a hold of a tortoise.
See what is available and do the search here for the care. Of course all questions are welcomed. All hatchlings need to be started inside in a closed chamber.
Hi there! Yea Hawaii is AWESOME! I love the weather and the good vibes! Im originally from San Diego but have lived here for the past few years. I don't plan on ever going back to the mainland! lol! I love it here!Thank you for this information, I will certainly look into what I can get ahold of. Thank you for your time!

EppsDynasty

Platinum Tortoise Club
Canebrake Ca
1st off you say Lahaina ..... This is where the deadliest fire in Hawaii was, I hope your friends and family were not to affected by this terrible event. Welcome and your in the right place if you want to do things right. You will get the BEST advice and information based on fact HERE.

The_Four_Toed_Edward

Finland
Welcome to the forum from not so tropical Finland!

This thread should help you with your research, and as always all questions are welcome :)

Trae Hazelrigg

Lahaina, Hi
1st off you say Lahaina ..... This is where the deadliest fire in Hawaii was, I hope your friends and family were not to affected by this terrible event. Welcome and your in the right place if you want to do things right. You will get the BEST advice and information based on fact HERE.
Hi there, thanks for welcoming me to the forum! Its so AWESOME being here! Unfortunately I did loose my business as well as my apartment and my truck in the fire. I lived over on front street with my mom and sister. Im just so thankful that we got out of there when we did. Another 30 minutes and we probably wouldn't of made it! But everything we lost was just material things, we are alive and we can build everything back that we lost!