I need help with my tortoise!

windy mom

Location (City and/or State)
Redondo Beach
Hello,
Can yu guys help me. My red footed tortorise is not well. This morning I found her sitting in her water and her eyes are milky. I immediately put her back in the hutch where it is 70 degrees. Can you direct me on where to go and how to get her help? Thank you. windy mom

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Hello,
Can yu guys help me. My red footed tortorise is not well. This morning I found her sitting in her water and her eyes are milky. I immediately put her back in the hutch where it is 70 degrees. Can you direct me on where to go and how to get her help? Thank you. windy mom
She needs heat. They should be in the mid 80s during the day, and no lower than 80 at night. Get your tortoise warmed up ASAP.

Read this:

windy mom

Redondo Beach
She needs heat. They should be in the mid 80s during the day, and no lower than 80 at night. Get your tortoise warmed up ASAP.

Read this:
Thank you for the info page and the advice to warm up the hutch to 80. It worked, but I also am concerned because I find her sitting in her water platter sometimes when its cold. I take her out and put her back in. Not sure what this is about? Thank you.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
They sit in the water when they don't feel good. Something may be just a bit off in her habitat.

windy mom

Redondo Beach
Hello and thank you for that wisdom. Their habitat is two sections, one with the heater, the other open space with a terracotta water saucer and the other a food plate. I feed them turtle pellets, lettuce, berries, cut up cucumber, romaine, etc...I sprinkle the calcium powder. Any suggestions?

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
An enclosure for a redfooted tortoise should mimic the land they come from. . . warm, humid, densely planted - day and night.