I come here to study.

Status
Not open for further replies.

qgm

5 Year Member
psbCANV9C6A.jpgpsbCA73P068.jpg Oh, I am from China, a raise turtle lovers. I have some turtles, of which five manouria emys phayrei, 2 female and three male. Because of the manouria emys phayrei breeding material is very limited, I just come here to study. My English level is bad. Also please forgive me.
Below are their pictures, please watch. The biggest one just twenty pounds. I consulted Old timer 'emyemys , know from it can spawn to for a long time.
Thank you very much for his reply!

psbCA73P068.jpgphoto014_2.jpgphoto015_2.jpgphoto017_2.jpgphoto022_2.jpg调整大小 100_3437.JPG1.jpg4.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Itort

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Iowa
Welcome, I too have some Manouria emys phayrei (2.1) though not as large as yours. What part of China do you live in ? Looking forward to your experiances with these wonderful torts.

Yellow Turtle

5 Year Member
Indonesia
Hello and welcome. Those pictures are very good, especially the threesome part :D

Do you have another turtle species?

kathyth

10 Year Member!
Beaumont, CA.
Welcome to the forum!
The pictures are very nice.
Thank you for sharing them with us. We love pictures.
:)

tortadise

10 Year Member!
Tropical South Texas
Welcome! Just be sure to watch the males. They can get aggressive during breeding rituals and harm one another. Also need to make sure you have plenty of nesting material for these guys. Nest should comprise of leaves, loose dirt, small branches, twigs, dead palm tree branches, pine needles. Not sure if you have pine trees where you are. BTW they all look awesome. Whats the weight on your females? Might not be just ready to lay any eggs yet but look large enough too.

Here is a nest of one my Manouria Emys Emys to show an example of how they build it.

This one is a video of female adding to her nest

123.jpg

IMG_20120909_114948_zps99c2ec56.jpg

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I love your pictures! The tortoises look great. I know that I told you that my youngest Mep didn't lay her first clutch of eggs until she was 45lbs, but your tortoises look pretty mature to me. I think the males are probably ready now, so the females maybe in a year or two.

Millerlite

10 Year Member!
Southern Calif.
They are beautiful. They look like they are enjoying live and happy.

Your brown mt tortoise did lay till 45 lbs? Do they get that big? Haha scratch that she does have emp blacks. Def get 45 lbs lol.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
No, He had asked me in a PM about my Manouria emys phayrei, or black mountain tortoise. My Mee laid eggs when she was only 25lbs.

qgm

5 Year Member
Itort said:
Welcome, I too have some Manouria emys phayrei (2.1) though not as large as yours. What part of China do you live in ? Looking forward to your experiances with these wonderful torts.
Thank you.
(2.1)?what does this mean? Can you help me to explain?
I live in the south of China, here is the subtropical climate. It is winter, the temperature in the 5-15 degrees Celsius. The lowest not less than 3 degrees Celsius. Now all the tortoise in hibernation. Want to sleep till April. Experiances? The dictionary did not find the meaning of it.

Yellow Turtle said:
Hello and welcome. Those pictures are very good, especially the threesome part :D

Thank you.
I havefive kinds of turtles.
monouria emys phayrei.Yellow-margined box turtle.Asian Yellow Pond Turtle 。IndochineseBox Turtle and a the abandoned Red-ear slider.

kathyth said:
Welcome to the forum!

Thank you.Very honored to.

FLINTUS

5 Year Member
Watery Wiltshire in the UK
qgm said:
Itort said:
Thank you.
I live in the south of China, here is the subtropical climate. It is winter, the temperature in the 5-15 degrees Celsius. The lowest not less than 3 degrees Celsius. Now all the tortoise in hibernation. Want to sleep till April. Experiances? The dictionary did not find the meaning of it.

Yellow Turtle said:

Thank you.
monouria emys phayrei.Yellow-margined box turtle.Asian Yellow Pond Turtle 。IndochineseBox Turtle and a the abandoned Red-ear slider.

kathyth said:
Welcome to the forum!

2.1 means 2 males, 1 female. You will see much of this on these kinds of forums. If it is 1.1.2 that means 1 male, 1 female, and 2 unsexed. 'Experiances' should be experiences, mis-spelling I think.

qgm

5 Year Member
tortadise said:
Welcome! Just be sure to watch the males. They can get aggressive during breeding rituals and harm one another. Also need to make sure you have plenty of nesting material for these guys. Nest should comprise of leaves, loose dirt, small branches, twigs, dead palm tree branches, pine needles. Not sure if you have pine trees where you are. BTW they all look awesome. Whats the weight on your females? Might not be just ready to lay any eggs yet but look large enough too.

Here is a nest of one my Manouria Emys Emys to show an example of how they build it.

This one is a video of female adding to her nest

123.jpg

IMG_20120909_114948_zps99c2ec56.jpg

:p
Thank you for the pictures. Wow, your turtle very magnificent. I like it very much.
I have no pine needle, but I can go to search for them. You say that's the size of the breastplate or shield armor above? I measured her breastplate. With 36 cm.
how can I upload the big pic?My picture look small...

emysemys said:
I love your pictures! The tortoises look great. I know that I told you that my youngest Mep didn't lay her first clutch of eggs until she was 45lbs, but your tortoises look pretty mature to me. I think the males are probably ready now, so the females maybe in a year or two.

Thank you.
Male turtle everyday courtship, but have no a success. female never fit. Why?

Millerlite said:
They are beautiful. They look like they are enjoying live and happy.

Your brown mt tortoise did lay till 45 lbs? Do they get that big? Haha scratch that she does have emp blacks. Def get 45 lbs lol.

Thank you.hehe.Your little pig beautiful too.

FLINTUS said:
qgm said:
Itort said:
Thank you.

Yellow Turtle said:

Thank you.

kathyth said:
Welcome to the forum!

2.1 means 2 males, 1 female. You will see much of this on these kinds of forums. If it is 1.1.2 that means 1 male, 1 female, and 2 unsexed. 'Experiances' should be experiences, mis-spelling I think.

haha .Thank you very much.

I finally understand.
You have a female cat.
Ha ha, I have a male black cat.
1.0.0 Cat

Itort

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Iowa
If you are asking my experiences with these guys, they have been very positive. Mine are only about 4 or 5 years old, so just starting have some adult behaviours (such the males showing some territorial activity). As I live in the upper Midwest of the US (on the Missippippi), I have to bring them in the house in the fall (our winter temps average about 0 degrees C ).

qgm

5 Year Member
Itort said:
If you are asking my experiences with these guys, they have been very positive. Mine are only about 4 or 5 years old, so just starting have some adult behaviours (such the males showing some territorial activity). As I live in the upper Midwest of the US (on the Missippippi), I have to bring them in the house in the fall (our winter temps average about 0 degrees C ).

Thank you.They sleep?

Itort

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Iowa
If by sleep you mean hibernate, no. I keep them inside at about 20 degrees C to 24 degrees C. These guys don't hibernate but do slow down. Actually I have found they are less active higner temps (above 27 degrees C) and tend to spend more time in shade and soaking pools.

Status
Not open for further replies.