hubby didnt notice

Status
Not open for further replies.

jojodesca

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Bay Area
Hello,

Hubby has not noticed I got Charlie yet. He is in a smaller vivarium right now for quarantine, however its right on top of hubby's dresser, which he has gotten clothes out of everyday!..IDK if he just doesn't want to say anything or if he really hasn't noticed, but it's sorta funny to me either way. Charlie is doing well, I think He likes it here...he was rescued from a hoarder who had him in a shoe box in the garage...poor guy!

Merlin M

5 Year Member
Edinburgh, Scotland
glad he is out of the shoe box!!!!
I can believe he hadn't noticed, it amazing what the oh has missed!

dmarcus

5 Year Member
Las Vegas, NV
Spouses who are not into tortoises sometimes take longer to notice I think. "not all of them"

I had my two bigger redfoots for almost a week and my wife didn't know they were there, I finally told her and she told me that she never saw them. Told her she needs to pay more attention...

Katherine

5 Year Member
Hmmmm. I wish this suprised me! My hub is very involved in the tortoise rearing, care and most importantly the never ending enclosure building. That said, he routinely gets our large tortoises (who look distinctly different and have been with us for a decade!) confused for eachother and would NEVER notice one, two, or 45 more box turtles/ tortoises. Mainly I think because he kind of thinks of them as a unit, "the tortoises," instead of as individuals so if a new one shows up he can never be certain it wasn't there all along. *sigh* this is perhaps why humans do best in pairs ; )

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
I always tell my hubby, when something new is coming. He tries to keep up, but only knows the basic group of animals (the dogs and some of the cats). He sorta knows a few of the tortoises, but often gets species mixed up. Also he could never pick them out of a lineup. :D He does get credit for trying. Now Jeff would have noticed the new tank, even if he didn't know if the turtle was new or not. :D

turtlemann2

5 Year Member
Mid Willamette Valley, Or
:) my wife ruteinly points out somthing that is funny or needs to be addressed in the turtle table, and i jump up and say well whos that that and that???????? shes about 50/50 but i think its mostly luck :)

pryncesssc

5 Year Member
Chicago IL
Yesterday my fiance was giving me 'suggestions' for the turtles and I was like really , u don't know anything about turtles lol

DanaLachney

5 Year Member
My hubby says quirky stuff about my redfoot sometimes. It's funny though. I dont think he would notice an extra but would wonder where the money went :D

terryo

10 Year Member!
Staten Island, New York
My husband never notices any of my animals. We had a cat for 1 year and he never knew. Then one day I was showing someone a picture of the cat sleeping in the parrot's cage, and he said "Where did he come from?. Idiot! I guess with 5 boys always bringing in something it would be hard to notice someone new.

jojodesca

5 Year Member
Bay Area
hahaha...yeah he does not recognize which turtle is who...even Ninja who we've had forever. I figure I'm done getting turtles for right now...until i have more room...i will take one if its given to me, but that unlikely.....

turtlemann2

5 Year Member
jojodesca said:
hahaha...yeah he does not recognize which turtle is who...even Ninja who we've had forever. I figure I'm done getting turtles for right now...until i have more room...i will take one if its given to me, but that unlikely.....

thats what i said!

bigred

10 Year Member!
Southern California
My wife knows when a new one is coming because I start hinting around for awhile first. For example Ive been telling her how my 2 little Radiated look so lonely in there;) Im getting another within the next few months, she just knows Im just gonna do it. She is very good about it, she says you work hard so do what you want

lynnedit

10 Year Member!
Southwest Washington
My husband would notice because he helps take care of them if I am at work and something needs to be done, also when I was gone for 2 weeks. So yeah, not a tort person, but definitely knows the names and numbers.
Perhaps in time I can squeeze another 1...or 2... in.
He does know I will be building and tweaking enclosures forever.

turtlemann2

5 Year Member
lynnedit said:
He does know I will be building and tweaking enclosures forever.

Arent we all :), it kinda like a fish tank each time you clean it you move things around maybe have a new feature and etc :) except with a turtle table or pen hahaha

jojodesca

5 Year Member
Bay Area
today my hubs said "why did you move Ninja back into her case"..lol..i just looked at him then he changed the subject.....funny thing is, they look entirely different from each other.....lol...guess he'll find out sooner or later...i just need to break it to him slowly, since he told me I couldn't have anymore a few months back.....

Status
Not open for further replies.