Status
Not open for further replies.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
A Land Far Away...
shellysmom said:
On most days, I'm painfully average. Every once in a while, though, I'm completely awesome:

Love your statement about yourself and great job with the tortoises, too!

I am nothing special, but I have four very special children who keep amazing me with how they have grown and the kind of people they are becoming. I am very shy and quiet. Just pretty much your average little old lady type... including the large group of cats following behind me wherever I go. (Actually folks laugh, because when walking the dogs I have a parade of cats following us)

shellysmom

10 Year Member!
WinterDB said:
I'm brutally honest. I don't look the part, but I'm a serious nerd. Graduated high school three years early. Obsessed with anything that has to do with lord of the rings. Video games are pretty much my life. I read way too much for the average teenager. I'm quite the peculiar person, never really had friends. And I'm a bit crazy.

:) I like this.

Jacqui said:
shellysmom said:
On most days, I'm painfully average. Every once in a while, though, I'm completely awesome:

Love your statement about yourself and great job with the tortoises, too!

I am nothing special, but I have four very special children who keep amazing me with how they have grown and the kind of people they are becoming. I am very shy and quiet. Just pretty much your average little old lady type... including the large group of cats following behind me wherever I go. (Actually folks laugh, because when walking the dogs I have a parade of cats following us)

Thanks! I'm pretty sure if your kids are turning out to be special, it's because they got it from you. :)

Kerryann

5 Year Member
West Bloomfield MI
I am very knowledgeable when it comes to my job, otherwise I am a bit flaky. I always try to see the positive in things. I believe in work hard and play hard. I love my animals and animals in general. I am not even slightly modest. :)

That gopher tortoise piece was really cool.

tortadise

10 Year Member!
Tropical South Texas
I am a Big gentle hairy giant. Very optimistic, and curious. Alot of people have trouble figuring me out as well as trying to understand my thought process, and ways of reality. I suppose you could consider me a paradox. I hold no limits of making a dream become a reality. My whole life revolves around my animals and just keeps expanding and growing in a positive manor. My mother calls me a wizard. In many ways I agree with her, if I think something up and quandery about certain thoughts they turn into a real item or event in my life. I always take each day as lesson for tomorrow.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Things in my life and household MUST be lined up, straightened out, and organized. Not that I'm a neat freak...far from it, but the scatter rugs have to be straight, all the books must sit an equal distance from the edge of the shelf, the silverware is all nested and facing the same direction, the pens and pencils in the drawer are all facing the same direction and lined up neatly, etc.

I'm an old lady who loves being alone. I'm usually grumpy, but my dog (did I tell you that I got a puppy?) makes me laugh all day long!

I talk to my animals and sometimes to my plants.

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
emysemys said:
Things in my life and household MUST be lined up, straightened out, and organized. Not that I'm a neat freak...far from it, but the scatter rugs have to be straight, all the books must sit an equal distance from the edge of the shelf, the silverware is all nested and facing the same direction, the pens and pencils in the drawer are all facing the same direction and lined up neatly, etc.

Yvonne and I are opposites on this, I work best in what appears to be a disorganized mess. If it's not disorganized, I can't find it. :D

shellysmom said:
Thanks! I'm pretty sure if your kids are turning out to be special, it's because they got it from you. :)

Very sweet of you to say that, but actually I take no credit for them turning out the way they are. I was a lousy mother in my own eyes. They made themselves what they are. I have been told and I will admit, I was always a mother lion about protecting my kids from anything I felt was a harm to them... much like I do for anybody I feel is an underdog be it human or animal.

kathyth

10 Year Member!
Beaumont, CA.
I definitely am a multi tasker, hard worker, with absolute opinions.
I am honest and open minded.
I am close minded and will not debate anything that involves animal cruelty, regardless!
I love good people and avoid others.
I love all animals!
I love nature, hiking, etc.

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
kathyth said:
I definitely am a multi tasker, hard worker, with absolute opinions.
I am honest and open minded.
I am close minded and will not debate anything that involves animal cruelty, regardless!
I love good people and avoid others.
I love all animals!
I love nature, hiking, etc.

Interesting comments!

IggyBeans

5 Year Member
metro detroit, mi
Im a settled down 22 yo. I like being at home with my boyfriend and our animals. I dont know what I want to do when I 'grow up'. To be honest, I never really drempt of being anything.other than a wife and a mother. But because you have to do.something, id love to be a biologist or environmental scientist(big dreams)
Im working hard to loose weight.
I have a twin and 7 other siblings
Im a huge Harry Potter fan
I have tattoos and piercings
Im loud and sometimes obnoxious and VERY oppinionated.
Definately a people pleaser.

green man

5 Year Member
Phoenix, AZ
i can describe myself with 3 words.

Beefcake. Stud muffin. Philanthropist. Hero. Muscles.

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
green man said:
i can describe myself with 3 words.

Beefcake. Stud muffin. Philanthropist. Hero. Muscles.
That's six words.

safari_lass1

5 Year Member
SW Tn
I look like the stereotypical San Diego girl, but Tennessee has made me a bit rough around the edges( which I love).

One of my greatest accomplishments is when I see a child's face light up when I teach them something new about nature. I used to host a televised animal show for kids and it was so rewarding.

I strive to make a difference each day even if it is as simple as making someone smile. Although my main goal is to leave this world with hope that I made a difference for the animals I am so passionate about.

My co-workers call me Francis Buck after Frank Buck, the notorious world traveler and animal collector, due to being lucky enough to catch most any animal safely.

ALDABRAMAN said:
Aldabra maniac!

Haha, love the detail lol. Not going to give us any insight?

tortadise said:
I am a Big gentle hairy giant. Very optimistic, and curious. Alot of people have trouble figuring me out as well as trying to understand my thought process, and ways of reality. I suppose you could consider me a paradox. I hold no limits of making a dream become a reality. My whole life revolves around my animals and just keeps expanding and growing in a positive manor. My mother calls me a wizard. In many ways I agree with her, if I think something up and quandery about certain thoughts they turn into a real item or event in my life. I always take each day as lesson for tomorrow.

Love the thought process!! Why live with mistakes when they can be made into life lessons :)

Terry Allan Hall

5 Year Member
The Republic O' Tejas
I like to think of myself as An Idol Of America's Youth (not to be confused with Ranger Doug Green, who is The Idol of American Youth), but conceed that there may well be other opinions out there... :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.