How to cool down temps at night

Status
Not open for further replies.

SmileyKylie623

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Phoenix, Arizona
So I searched on here for ways to cool down night time temps for my Russian tortoise and could not find anything.

I cannot get the temps to go any lower then around 68 degrees F. I turn off all the lamps and make sure the fan in the room is on. Are there any ways to get it to go down just a little bit further? Ice packs maybe? If I use ice packs where would I put them? Under the enclosure (a rubbermaid) or on top of the soil? Line a few around the enclosure?

Any ideas are greatly appreciated! :)

akp022

5 Year Member
What are the temps supposed to be for a Russian? I have a Greek and his temps are generally supposed to be between 70-75 on the cool end

TurtleTortoise

5 Year Member
Michigan
68 degrees seems like it would be fine. As long as it drops a little from what it's normally at you're good

mctlong

5 Year Member
SF Valley, SoCal
68 at night is fine. Some people like to get it to 60, but I've presonally never seen any evidence that 60 is better.

Minority1

5 Year Member
mctlong said:
68 at night is fine. Some people like to get it to 60, but I've presonally never seen any evidence that 60 is better.

Russians can stand colder temperatures better than other species. They're little machines. If it gets too cold they can always burrow under to stay warm.

No worries~

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
I've never seen any issue with an indoor russian being housed at whatever room temperature is for night time. Might be 60 in winter and 80 in summer for some people. I think the seasonal variation is good too.

Status
Not open for further replies.