HEY!

Maggie3fan

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
PacificNorthWest
Lookie here...this is from a Veterinarian about stones. Tortoises don't bathe, they SOAK SOAK freakin SOAK. Humans take a bath, NOT TORTOISES

Periodic soaking is recommended. Use lukewarm water, make sure the water level is no higher than the beginning of the top shell (carapace), and soak for up to 10 minutes. Dry your tortoise off before placing back in its normal environment. Do not soak if your tortoise has surgery unless recommended by your veterinarian.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Lookie here...this is from a Veterinarian about stones. Tortoises don't bathe, they SOAK SOAK freakin SOAK. Humans take a bath, NOT TORTOISES

Periodic soaking is recommended. Use lukewarm water, make sure the water level is no higher than the beginning of the top shell (carapace), and soak for up to 10 minutes. Dry your tortoise off before placing back in its normal environment. Do not soak if your tortoise has surgery unless recommended by your veterinarian.
HEY yourself!

Lukewarm is too cool, that water level is a little too low, 10 minutes is not nearly enough time, and there is absolutely no need to dry the tortoise before putting it back in the enclosure.

I totally agree that tortoises are to be SOAKED and not bathed. :)

Maggie3fan

5 Year Member
PacificNorthWest
HEY yourself!

Lukewarm is too cool, that water level is a little too low, 10 minutes is not nearly enough time, and there is absolutely no need to dry the tortoise before putting it back in the enclosure.

I totally agree that tortoises are to be SOAKED and not bathed. :)
I so disagree with you on that. Well, I do agree water should be warm not luke, water level at the bridge, I will not dry off a freakin tortoise...lol but MY point which I know you agree on, is the words "bathe" or "soak", I know it bugs me because that's my personality. But I don't bathe a tortoise nor do I dry one. Oh I don't soak longer then about 10-15 minutes, depending on the animal I'm soaking. But no bathing, soak the damn thing. I probably should have really read it, but I locked on the word soak...oh yeah! Eureka!!! A Vet who said "soak". lol I am such a nut job at times
I think I need to go for a fast ride.