Here's my new family all together 3.4 :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

grogansilver

5 Year Member
:tort: "Well this is my collection now! "its complete" 3.4 Pancakes and now i just have to figure out what names I'm going to give each of them to "these guys and girls. "Well i guess somethings telling me I'm also going to have to raise the walls a lot higher in their enclosure, "the pictures i submitted tells the whole story itself!!!! I actually am thinking of purchasing one of those water land tubs! I'm probably going to pick one up at the convention soon when i go, I'm thinking of the medium land tube "hay at least the walls are higher, i think if I'm correct the measurements are 72x32x14 that should be an appropriate size right now, at least as for their winter home for this Group of 3.4 ha? Unless of course knowing myself when i go to this convention i see more Adult female Pancakes there! :D I'll tell you I'm just so in love with this breed :) "Boy" i guess its true you can become attached to theses little guys "man" i have to say "sorry for changing the subject Here but i do gotta admit i do miss My Russians! i got up this morning to feed like i always do every day and nobody was waiting!!! My Russians were always there at the crack of Dawn waiting for that Romain lettuce! :( and as for my Pancakes go!!! they were still sleeping like always, but that's OK they probable hate me right now because i do line them up all around that lettuce every morning, "but they do eat!!! eventually their get the hint after awhile to be there before me! "Hay the Russians learned. I think when i go to the convention I'm going to buy some CB Russian Baby's this time not for breeding but just to raise as pets "Hay Ive heard Captive Breed Russians or tortoises in General are easy to work with and pretty much have already calmed down! who knows? well enjoy the pictures!!! and guess what people there's a "New Pancake Breeder in town" :) "cant wait!!! see ya Later.... :tort: :)

Guggie

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Vernon Hills, IL
Man, they look so cool. I really love the way they look.

Good luck on the Waterland Tubs - there's a 6 - 8 week wait, as of a couple of weeks ago, for the medium. i don't think they stock them; I think they make them when they need them.

grogansilver

5 Year Member
Guggie said:
Man, they look so cool. I really love the way they look.

Good luck on the Waterland Tubs - there's a 6 - 8 week wait, as of a couple of weeks ago, for the medium. i don't think they stock them; I think they make them when they need them.
:tort: I can get Around that! but thanks for the info... :tort:

Guggie

10 Year Member!
Vernon Hills, IL
You know what? I was wrong. It was the Vision tubs that were not in stock. I think Waterland were. My bad.

ascott

10 Year Member!
Apple Valley, California
I agree the pancakes are a beautiful tortoise.....I have one question please :D In your 4th pic...don't you worry your tortoise will step off of that brick near were the two tubs come together and have that gap between the window and the two tubs coming together....I only ask because I know that almost every tortoise I have ever known :p would absolutely be drawn to that spot and I would be worried that one would end up stuck upside down or wedged between where the tubs come together and that window/wall area....just a concern to me...maybe not so much for you....

Russians absolutely do have a great personality and loads of character....I can understand your missing them.... :D

grogansilver

5 Year Member
ascott said:
I agree the pancakes are a beautiful tortoise.....I have one question please :D In your 4th pic...don't you worry your tortoise will step off of that brick near were the two tubs come together and have that gap between the window and the two tubs coming together....I only ask because I know that almost every tortoise I have ever known :p would absolutely be drawn to that spot and I would be worried that one would end up stuck upside down or wedged between where the tubs come together and that window/wall area....just a concern to me...maybe not so much for you....

Russians absolutely do have a great personality and loads of character....I can understand your missing them.... :D
:tort: ascott you know i thought you were finally being nice to me Dam! you were so close until this point...(just a concern to me...maybe not so much for you....) well thank you for looking out any way. it was much appreciated! i fixed it... PS: and just in case they do fall, there's a nice dog cushion bed below waiting for them to fall onto! :tort:

View attachment 13677:tort: "ascott thanks" that would of killed me that fall!

Last edited by a moderator:

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I'm having trouble keeping track...russians, then get rid of the russians...get russians again...want pancakes...get pancakes...trade pancakes for russians.

Will you please make up your mind!!! :p

I used to really want to have some pancake tortoises. But I think I'm finally satisfied with what I have. Besides that, there's no more room for any new pens!

grogansilver

5 Year Member
emysemys said:
I'm having trouble keeping track...russians, then get rid of the russians...get russians again...want pancakes...get pancakes...trade pancakes for russians.

Will you please make up your mind!!! :p

I used to really want to have some pancake tortoises. But I think I'm finally satisfied with what I have. Besides that, there's no more room for any new pens!
:tort: "emysemys" the tortoise population has so many different verity's out there i haven't even began yet! I have pancakes now CB and next i will have Cb Russians isn't that what all tortoise collectors Dream they want? the best? :) Sometimes you have to give a little to get a lot!!! but you keep watching because in the end your not gonna believe your eyes when I'm done! your gonna say thats the "man" :) PS: So "emysemys" did you look recently at the trade and bart section come on tell me that's not a great deal I'm offering "Hay like some people say! Russians are so easy and widely available right now i shouldn't have any problems with this one right? :tort:

grogansilver

5 Year Member
:tort: just want to make a note to my friends and members on here! I'm still left with Pancakes 2.2 to be exact and ill still Breed them but when you talk about slow paced Tortoises these are the "ones"!!!! to have! "hay" i need some Russians back i kinda like the faster Paced animal! :) :tort:

grogansilver said:
:tort: just want to make a note to my friends and members on here! I'm still left with Pancakes 2.2 to be exact and ill still Breed them but when you talk about slow paced Tortoises these are the "ones"!!!! to have! "hay" i need some Russians back i kinda like the faster Paced animal! :) :tort:
:tort: One last thing, i have to mention who ever said these Pancake tortoises had a difference about them with being CB or WC lied because they both do the same thing hide and never come out!!!!! :tort: :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.