Help me with my New cage project !!!

hlim18

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
HCMC Vietnam
I am planning to build a new cage for my two Elongated Tortoises. They are both females and the sizes of the tortoises are 10.2 cm (4.2 inches) and 8.7 cm ( 3.4 inches ).
Here's A plan!

Attachments

• Elongated tortoise CAGE FOR FORUM.JPG
    Elongated tortoise CAGE FOR FORUM.JPG
    27 KB · Views: 52

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
I'm old...too old to have to learn a new way of measuring. So I have Google help me with stuff like that. When I put "90cm" into Google it tells me that it is 2'. I'm sorry, but a 2' long habitat is way too small for two tortoises. It's too small for one tortoise.

This is a good time of year for buying plastic bins. You should be able to find a plastic Christmas tree tote cheap right now. They are about 4' long. I have one little two year old Texas tortoise in a Christmas tree tote. One little 2" tortoise in a 4' long plastic tub. Here's a picture (it's the one on the right):

6-23-11babyttandbabybox-1.jpg

This is after I brought it inside:

orchidbark-2.jpg

And, yes...that IS my kitchen table. So sue me! I live alone.

mike taylor

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
I say its your house you do with what you will . If I could I would have more than just Dozer in the house . Makes for easier care taking of the little ones but my wife says no way . Right now I have three snakes in the house little Dozer and a African horned frog . One of the snakes is a red tail that is about six to seven feet give or take . Before all the kids I had 15/18 foot long rock pythons in there own rooms . But them big snakes are not for home keepers bad things can and will happen so the wife shut down the big snake keeping . But it was for the best . Torts on the table at least you have someone to talk to when you are eating by yourself.