help with moving a baby hermann

TimCarpenter

Location (City and/or State)
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
So I will be moving a baby hermann tortoise with about a 3 to 3 1/2 hour car ride. The fact that many places ship tortoises in the mail i assume that its not very difficult to do. Any advice to keep the little one happy? Hasn't lived there any more than a few days and will be moving to a permenant home.

WillTort2

5 Year Member
What I do for a short ride is put the tortoise in a cooler with a few inches of coco coir in the bottom.

Before travel, feed the tortoise and then soak the tortoise. I use the cooler because it is sealed from the cold drafts from the car's air conditioner.

Open the cooler once or twice on the 3 hour ride to check on the tortoise. It will ease your mind and give a breathe of fresh air to the tort.

Good luck.

TimCarpenter

Location (City and/or State)
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
What I do for a short ride is put the tortoise in a cooler with a few inches of coco coir in the bottom.

Before travel, feed the tortoise and then soak the tortoise. I use the cooler because it is sealed from the cold drafts from the car's air conditioner.

Open the cooler once or twice on the 3 hour ride to check on the tortoise. It will ease your mind and give a breathe of fresh air to the tort.

Good luck.
Thanks for the help! Seems easy enough

contain your tortoise in a cool, dark enclosure, then your tortoise should sleep and will become less stressed by the length of the journey