Help! (Russian tortoise not eating)

I have a Russian tortoises and she hasn't eat in a week. I'm really worried to. I feed her romain, spinach, kale, apples, bananas, oranges, and more but all she'll eat is apples and oranges.
So if someone could help me with this thank you!
She's did this before.

Kori5

Tortoises that hibernate naturally slow down in this time of year. My Hermann is less active and eats less, too. I was told it is normal as they have an instinct to hibernate. Make sure your temperatures are ok, soak him in warm water and don't worry :). You really shouldn't feed him apples and orange, is a no no and apple only once a month. He should eat dandelions clover plantain and I believe grass, as a Russiann.

Tortoises that hibernate naturally slow down in this time of year. My Hermann is less active and eats less, too. I was told it is normal as they have an instinct to hibernate. Make sure your temperatures are ok, soak him in warm water and don't worry :). You really shouldn't feed him apples and orange, is a no no and apple only once a month. He should eat dandelions clover plantain and I believe grass, as a Russiann.

Ok thank you. But I don't hibernate her.

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
CA
when a russian tortoise stops eating it is usually temperature related or light cycle related. Where are your temperatures please, how long are your lights on for also and the diet could use some work

Kori5

It doesn't matter, they have inner clocks thst tell them it's hibernation time. Also I read your previous thread and if I recall you said you got her this spring? Maybe she did hibernate previously. Maybe she is just a picky eater and has a apple and orange addiction. You need to change her diet and get some fresh weeds for her :). Forget about salads and fruits.

It doesn't matter, they have inner clocks thst tell them it's hibernation time. Also I read your previous thread and if I recall you said you got her this spring? Maybe she did hibernate previously. Maybe she is just a picky eater and has a apple and orange addiction. You need to change her diet and get some fresh weeds for her :). Forget about salads and fruits.

Right now it's winter where I am so what should I get for weeds and can I prevent her from hibernating because I really don't want her to

when a russian tortoise stops eating it is usually temperature related or light cycle related. Where are your temperatures please, how long are your lights on for also and the diet could use some work

Temperatures around 75-80
Light cycle 12 hour cycle

What else should I feed her

dmmj

10 Year Member!
CA
75 to 80 degrees?is that cool side warm side basking spot or where? a Russian diet should consist of mostly weeds

dmmj

10 Year Member!
CA
what is the basking temperature at?

dmmj

10 Year Member!
CA
you do not have a temperature for it or you don't have a basking spot.? That's the first thing you need to fix if so.

dmmj

10 Year Member!
CA
ok your tortoise needs a basking spot around 100 degrees with UVB rays