Help.. Is my Red Foot SICK?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Watsonpartyof4

5 Year Member
He is still acting sluggish, not moving around much, but eating and soaking ...last night I heard him moving around so I got up to investigate, and to my horror ....he was happily chomping away on his own poo!...*gag*

I am hoping to have his new enclosure all set up this week end.

Watsonpartyof4

5 Year Member
Watsonpartyof4 said:
He is still acting sluggish, not moving around much, but eating and soaking ...last night I heard him moving around so I got up to investigate, and to my horror ....he was happily chomping away on his own poo!...*gag*

Ok I have to totally revise my earlier statement ... I put the new MVB light in his enclosure, and he is a totally different tort! He is acting like his old crazy self! It must have been the old bulb. He is eating like he has been starved, pooping all over the place and in and out of his water dish like a tort gone wild!

RosieRedfoot

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Columbia, SC
Glad the bulb has helped! I use an MVB for my RF as well. Although, even before it she was just as curious and energetic.

diaboliqueturtle

5 Year Member
Toronto, Canada
Watsonpartyof4 said:

Bahaha! Ewww! I've never had the "pleasure" of witnessing that, yet, but I have wondered where it went ;-)

Watsonpartyof4 said:
Ok I have to totally revise my earlier statement ... I put the new MVB light in his enclosure, and he is a totally different tort! He is acting like his old crazy self! It must have been the old bulb. He is eating like he has been starved, pooping all over the place and in and out of his water dish like a tort gone wild!

Good stuff! An early case of the winter blues cured by a shot of UV :)

Watsonpartyof4

5 Year Member
After he gorged himself on greens and I clean up all the poo, so he won't have any more midnight snacking, he finally wore his little tort self out and went to sleep! I am so excited to move him into his new enclosure! I got 6 bricks of the coco coir and but that in his new enclosure, it seems a little to wet, so now I have a heat fan blowing on it trying to try it out a bit, before I settle him in.... I can't wait for him to act a fool inside this thing!

I will get pictures as soon as I am done!

diaboliqueturtle

5 Year Member
Toronto, Canada
So he's a bit older, Princesse hatched June 2009. Moving day is so exciting :) I built my tank 1 1/2 year ago but since we moved I've had to build a lid to keep up my temps and humidity. I should change my MVB too, especially after the tumble it took yesterday... It fell into the enclosure right on her basking rock. Thank gawd I was sitting right there :-/

Watsonpartyof4

5 Year Member
diaboliqueturtle said:
So he's a bit older, Princesse hatched June 2009. Moving day is so exciting :) I built my tank 1 1/2 year ago but since we moved I've had to build a lid to keep up my temps and humidity. I should change my MVB too, especially after the tumble it took yesterday... It fell into the enclosure right on her basking rock. Thank gawd I was sitting right there :-/

I posted pictures in the enclosure section ... Tell me what you think !

Status
Not open for further replies.