Hello

Status
Not open for further replies.

RosieB

5 Year Member
I did register a while ago but didn't get round to feeling confident enough to post due to using facebook sites and getting a lot of flak when ever I said something :(
Anyway I hope to be able to enjoy my time here.
I am in the UK and I have a 10 yr old Leopard female and some Indian Stars, 4 females and 6 males. I have a batchelor group of males as I cant part with them so for now the famous 5 live in harmony.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Hi RosieB and welcome to the Forum!!

Well, you don't have to worry about us flaming you here. We're just the nicest group of people!!! :p

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Hello and welcome. We don't always agree here, but that sort of bashing and flaming is not allowed or tolerated. Even the members will often shut that down before mods can even get to it. Feel free to share your opinions here. Even if some people disagree, discussion will be kept civil.

Shannon and Jason

5 Year Member
South Arkansas
Hey, Rosieb welcome can't wait to see pics of all your torts! I don't face book either people here are great and always willing to help.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Hello and Welcome:) would love to see pics of your shelled friends. Don't understand why you would be treated that way, but like already stated, we won't due that. So, don't be shy and ask and share away. BTW, this is the first forum I have ever belonged too. I don't do Facebook or any of the others. I never thought I would ever participate in a forum. Well, such good friendly, helpful people here, I just had to join in.

kanalomele

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
East Bay area
Welcome! Never bashing here, but we do demand pictures! Lol

RosieB

5 Year Member
Thankyou for your greetings people :) I will put pictures up when I find out how to do it. If its anything like the Labrador forum I use then its a nightmare, so I hope it is easier here lol.

mainey34

5 Year Member
Peoria, Arizona
Hello and welcome...even though we do have our disagreements, I don't believe I've ever seen any bashing here...I think you will be fine here...its all about the love and care and health of our torts...

BeeBee*BeeLeaves

5 Year Member
Orange County, So Cal
Hi RosieB! This is the best forum for both education and really good, giving people. You will love.
And speaking of love, yes, when you can, we would all love to see your babies! Welcome! : )

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Kingman, Arizona
Welcome from the other side of the pond! I don't use The Facebook, but I'm sure the experience can get rough. In this forum, as stated prior, the goal for most is the passing on of good care information concerning our tortoises. Some topics will get you militant type of responses, for instance, dogs and tortoises do not ever mix, but these are all with the best interests of the tortoise at heart. I'm happy to welcome you here. For posting a picture, if you're using an iPhone/iPad device with the app, in the bottom right hand corner of the page is a little picture of a camera. Next to that is a little square with some hills? And a circle. By pushing the camera button, you can take a picture right then with your device and use it or delete it. Pushing the box with the hills and moon graphics you are taken to your stored photos on your device. Pick one and post it. It's very easy.

3sulcata
7russian
2pancake
1uro
6cats
1syko dog
1 wonderful wife

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
RosieB said:
Thankyou for your greetings people :) I will put pictures up when I find out how to do it. If its anything like the Labrador forum I use then its a nightmare, so I hope it is easier here lol.

I'd love to see pics of your tortoises. The easiest way is to use a third party site to upload them. Then we can all see your pics in you post without having to click in and out of them.

Just go to tinypic.com. Upload any size photo and then copy/paste the IMG code into your forum post. It's really easy. No hassles, no accounts, no personal info needed, and NO charge. :D

janst

5 Year Member
Newcastle Upon Tyne
RosieB said:
I did register a while ago but didn't get round to feeling confident enough to post due to using facebook sites and getting a lot of flak when ever I said something :(
Anyway I hope to be able to enjoy my time here.
I am in the UK and I have a 10 yr old Leopard female and some Indian Stars, 4 females and 6 males. I have a batchelor group of males as I cant part with them so for now the famous 5 live in harmony.

Hi RosieB
I also live in the UK I have two Hermanns about 3years old I have only had them a couple of months. They are pets to my class of 10 year olds, who also love them, we are in the process of designing a new tort table to be built into the corner of our room.
I hope you enjoy using gather forum.
:tort:

Status
Not open for further replies.