Hello...just joined

Brian Perry

I am a fan of Indian Star Tortoises and have four. Three are sub-adult males and one is a juvenile female. I got started with star tortoises in 1991, left the hobby for several years and then started reacquiring stars approximately 6 years ago. I am currently building a second enclosure, which will be located in my garage.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Southern California
Hello and welcome.

Things have sure changed since our thirsty and hungry tortoises of the 90s...

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Fes, Morocco
Hi, Brian, and a very warm welcome to Tortoise Forum.
Photos of your tortoises would be much appreciated if you could manage it.
We love photos here.

Gillian M

5 Year Member
Jordan
I am a fan of Indian Star Tortoises and have four. Three are sub-adult males and one is a juvenile female. I got started with star tortoises in 1991, left the hobby for several years and then started reacquiring stars approximately 6 years ago. I am currently building a second enclosure, which will be located in my garage.

A very warm welcome to the forum.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Welcome to the Forum, Brian!

Like Tom alluded to, don't rely on your old, retained tortoise knowledge. We have a whole new idea on tortoise-keeping these days. Be sure to read the care sheets with an open mind. I don't think we have star care sheets, but if memory serves, the leopard care sheet would be similar.

Too bad you ended up with so many males. I guess the females are harder to come by?