Hello From Nebraska

Status
Not open for further replies.

trailerprincess13

5 Year Member
So......I went shopping with my sister and niece last night. They're looking for a slider and we went to Petsmart and I accidentally fell in love with a Greek Tortoise. Guess who came home today!! His name is Roger. This is my first tortoise experience, we (my husband and I) also have an African side neck turtle named King Herman, 11 rats and 2 dogs. We're also foster parents for a local pug rescue. The pictures attached are of him and his very temporary enclosure. We bought an old toybox that we're going to convert into a "table" of sorts, most likely with two levels. We're located in Nebraska so he can spend some time outside, I plan to make an enclosure for next warm season. That's pretty much it. Thanks for reading.

Attachments

• image-554574807.png
    image-554574807.png
    219.9 KB · Views: 25
  • image-1984624750.png
    image-1984624750.png
    200.1 KB · Views: 15
  • image-2640764.png
    image-2640764.png
    1,013.6 KB · Views: 22

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Welcome, Trailer Princess!!

trailerprincess13

5 Year Member
P.S. after some discussion in the Greek section, I've decided to rename Roger Queen Terralyn (he is a she) so she became the Queen to King Herman.

After some serious dwelling on the new name I decided I hate it. She shall forever be Roger, the girl Greek tortoise.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Hi! I love her name being Roger! Nice to see you not thinking you have to follow traditional thoughts on name gender. ;) What part of Nebraska are you from? Guessing around Omaha? I (like Mark who posted above you) am also from Nebraska.

DesertGrandma

10 Year Member!
Arizona
Love "Roger the female tortoise." My tortoise is Humphrey, and if it turns out he is a she, it will still be Humphrey, haha.

CourtneyAndCarl

5 Year Member
Middle of nowhere
Do you foster for pug partners of Nebraska? We have a couple that comes into Petco (I work there) all the time with their little pug and they just started fostering for Pug Partners, too (I also live in Nebraska, ha)... I love all the fun events they do... Pug-a-ween has to be coming up soon right? :D I foster for Nebraska Border Collie Rescue and I must say I'm a little jealous that we don't do something similar :p

Love the name Roger! If my tortoise, Carl, turns out to be a girl, his name will be Carla, or Carly... I have a lot of people that are rooting for "Carlita" but that's not gonna happen.

trailerprincess13

5 Year Member
Yes, I'm in Omaha and yes I foster for Pug Partners. I was on vacation for a couple of weeks so I don't have a foster right now. We're getting excited for pug-o-ween. We're gonna dress our shihtzus up as turtles :) maybe tmnt :) awesome that there are tortoise lovers so close.

Status
Not open for further replies.