Hello from Nebraska

Kittieflower

Hello! Former cat lady, now tort and Catlady :)
In my small family I have my two Russian tortoises I adopted from a friend last fall, and one Sulcata whom I was honored to take care of for another friend this spring. Been learning alot from groups on facebook but recently I've learned even more with getting the proper setup for my sulcata. Humidity, heat, NIGHT heat lol. 3 ceramic heat emitters later I got him all settled in. 75w too cold, 150w too hot. 100w just right! I'm still Not satisfied with the setup I got him I'm. I want him to have more space. In time I plan to build him an enclosed chamber. For now he's in a small child's pool with a greenhouse in the center. He's a little guy. Age 2
Name is bebop. My Russians are a breeze to take care of
They are happy little guys with separate personalities. Names are Kremlin & Vodka. Lol my bf named them...
My favorite of the 3 is my larger Russian. He's so goofy and makes me laugh. Comes running like a pup. Smaller Russian is shy yet sweet. Likes to explore. Sulcata still shy and sweet also. Right now I live in an apt. My goal is to have a yard in the future. My mom owns her yard and would let me build a structure for them but I'm pretty positive I should have things figured out by then... Anyways thats who we are
Jess (Kittie), Kremlin, Vodka, bebop then two cats buddy &gizmo. Glad to be here. I been ubsessed with reading everything I can about what I need to know for my torts.

1491926667517-1521381639.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20170409_193924.jpg
    IMG_20170409_193924.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 8

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Hi Jess, and welcome to the Forum!

One of our moderators is also a crazy cat and tortoise lady and also lives in Nebraska - Jacqui.

Kittieflower

Thank you all! Have patience with me on my reply's lol. Overall this page is easy to navigate. My first day I did some reading I thought that cant be all the info! Then I seen the numbers of pages down below and said aaahhhhhhh! Tons of info!! Very happy. Been busy with keeping everyone happy and comfortable. Busy giving cats extra attention too. They get jealous when I talk to the torts. Spoiled brats.

eric joranson

Location (City and/or State)
Cape Cod ;MA / Co.Bluffs; Iowa
Greetings fellow Midwesterner.....if your looking for all the information you can about tortoises; you found it. I am totally hooked on this forum. Best information on the web. And between care sheets; and personal experience threads; I have become a much better care taker for my sulcata; as I am sure you will too,