Hello From Nebraska

Status
Not open for further replies.

amberrose

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Omaha, NE
Well i think my friends and family are getting sick of hearing me talk about my critters so I thought I would finally join a forum. I live in Nebraska so keeping sulcatas has proved a fun challenge. But I absolutely love them. My sweet Morla (i know, not original but i liked it) is about 5 years old and still growing like a weed. She had some slight pyramiding when i brought her home at 3 months old but she really does look better with age. And my family just got me a baby for mothers day! We're in the process of landscaping the yard into a tortoise haven, and my big girl sure does love that it is warming up outside.

2013-03-30_16-51-08_312.jpg248022_10200375498444380_1943829455_n.jpg310785_10200300990141719_1205557995_n.jpg408532_10200375498884391_2086821323_n.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hi Amber: I LOVE the little girl/tortoise picture!!!

Welcome to the Forum!

(and, unlike your friends and family, we will NEVER get tired of listening to you talk about your creepy, crawley, critters!)

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Hello and Welcome:) They both look good. Toms great threads are below in my post for raising your new one even smoother.

amberrose

5 Year Member
Omaha, NE
Yvonne G said:
Hi Amber: I LOVE the little girl/tortoise picture!!!

Welcome to the Forum!

(and, unlike your friends and family, we will NEVER get tired of listening to you talk about your creepy, crawley, critters!)

Thank you. Thats my little Lola, she loves my tortoise but the tortoise is still a bit nervous of her.

amberrose

5 Year Member
Omaha, NE
wellington said:
Hello and Welcome:) They both look good. Toms great threads are below in my post for raising your new one even smoother.

Thanks. Morla looked pretty bad when I got her, she was 4 months old and was in a tank with sand and only fed iceberg lettuce! I know it sounds dumb but I feel like I rescued her from that pet store. And she really looks better than any tortoise i've seen locally. These mid-westerners apparently don't know how to research the needs of their exotic pets.

Madkins007

10 Year Member!
Nebraska
Welcome, from another Omahan. I'll try to not take offense at your last sentence. :)

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
amberrose said:
These mid-westerners apparently don't know how to research the needs of their exotic pets.

Here I was starting to like you and then you make THAT remark. :( SOME mid-westerners might just surprise you with the amount of research they do, just like SOME non-mid-westerners may surprise you at how much research they do not do. Have you guessed I am from Nebraska too? :D

amberrose

5 Year Member
Omaha, NE
Hahaha, I must just be hanging around the wrong crowd then. Just like my mom always used to say.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
amberrose said:
Hahaha, I must just be hanging around the wrong crowd then. Just like my mom always used to say.

Mothers always know best. :cool: :D Well now your hanging with the right crowd. :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.