Hello from an American living in the Philippines.

JustRacey

I have been living in the Philippines for the past 5 1/2 years and would like to get a small to moderate sized tortoise that would do well in the Philippines climate. Where I am at it ranges in day time temp from 87- 98 degrees and lowest it goes is 75 at night. We have two distinct seasons wet June thru Jan-Feb and dry Feb to June. I would appreciate species recommendations and if anyone knows of breeders or legal sources of tortoises here in the Philippines, I would greatly appreciate it. When/if I do leave the Philippines I need documentation in proper order to be able to take the tort back with me to the USA, also another reason for not getting a tortoise that gets huge as airfare would be prohibitively expensive to take a 300 pound plus animal on a plane. I do have turtle and other reptile experience ( iguana, Jacksons chameleon, boa, gecko, skink, horned "toad" plus vet med school, but this will be my first tortoise).

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Fes, Morocco
Hello and a very warm welcome to Tortoise Forum.
I guess you have to see what's available where you are and then look under the relevant species in our species specific section here and see what most matches your requirements.

JustRacey

As far as I can tell there is zero in Negros Oriental. All tortoise trade is up by Manila.