Hello all from Cebu Philippines

SidGo

Location (City and/or State)
Philippines
Hey Guys. I'm new to the communtiy and i'm looking for a male cherry red foot tortoise to pair up with my female cherry head. I was wondering if there are any local breeders in Cebu or just anywhere in the Philippines? Been looking all over the place so im hoping i can find one here

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Kingman, Arizona
Been looking all over the place so im hoping i can find one here
Greetings SidGo,
Unfortunately I'm sorry to say that I can not help you in your quest, but I do suggest you make a post in the specie specific section with your request. There you would find keepers of the same type of tortoise as yours.
In the meantime, welcome to the forum. You have found the best place for current information on the InternetMachine for the care and keeping of tortoises and turtles. While waiting, you should go to the introduction section and introduce yourself to us all. Also, we are an international community of keepers and it's always good to have your location up to date in your profile. Welcome again!!!

SidGo

Philippines
Thanks for the welcome guys :) and thanks @Cowboy_Ken i'll try the species specific section and i'll introduce myself as well. After browsing the forums for awhile i feel really excited to know more on how to care for my tortoise :D

SidGo

Philippines
Hello everyone so I've been taking care of my cherry head for 1 year now and i have always love looking at turtles and tortoises but i am still very inexperience and not sure if I'm doing everything right. I always try to read up on as much info as I can but i mostly see post about the redfoot tortoise so I'm not sure if i got all my info down. Just recently i found out that my tortoise is a female but i have always assume before that she was a male. She used to be called Donatello so now i call her Donatella haha. I hope to learn a lot from here and do better in taking care of Donatella :)

G

grakesshnika

Hey Guys. I'm new to the communtiy and i'm looking for a male cherry red foot tortoise to pair up with my female cherry head. I was wondering if there are any local breeders in Cebu or just anywhere in the Philippines? Been looking all over the place so im hoping i can find one here

Hi and welcome! Perhaps you can try at Piper's.

Pearly

5 Year Member
Central Texas, Austin area
How old, or how big is your Donatella? I keep couple of RF's : Northern girl and Brazilian cherryhead boy (supposedly!) both just turning 2 yrs old.

SidGo

Philippines
How old, or how big is your Donatella? I keep couple of RF's : Northern girl and Brazilian cherryhead boy (supposedly!) both just turning 2 yrs old.
She's a year old and im not sure yet how to measure her right but she's around 4 inches long.

Pearly

5 Year Member
Oh, what a cutie!!!! She's PERFECT!!!! At this age there's really no way to sex the tort, unless the breeder tells you they incubated for males or females. Apparently they can do that through regulating temps inside incubator. That's what my babies' breeder told me. Shellie was supposedly a girl and I think we have pretty good chances of that considering her split/extra scute carapaceImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1496195780.014466.jpg and Tucker I was told was a boy, but that we will not know for another couple yrs. one way to tell for sure you have a boy is when they start displaying their "boyhood jewels"

Pearly

5 Year Member
She's a year old and im not sure yet how to measure her right but she's around 4 inches long.
As for measuring, we measure the Straight Carapace Length. Meaning when you back your torts face to the wall and she pulls her head/arms in, that wall is your point zero. From it you measure the distance to where her shell ends (legs/tail pulled inside). Most of us get a ruler or another object to mark that distance before measuring. 4 " is still VERY YOUNG tortoise. At 1 yr old we call them YEARLINGS

SidGo

Philippines
Thanks Pearly and wow those are beautiful tortoises :D Hmmm I'm guessing the one on the bottom is Shellie but anyway i really love the pattern of her shell :D really beautiful and Tucker looks really energetic. I guess i have to wait a couple of years to really be sure on Donatella's gender then but if she's ever a boy i could always switch to Donatello haha.

Ohhhh alright thanks for that :) i measured her while carapace while her feet where on the table. I'll try measuring her again soon. Thanks also for mentioning about her size. I was worried she wasn't growing enough :(

Pearly

5 Year Member
As for measuring, we measure the Straight Carapace Length. Meaning when you back your torts face to the wall and she pulls her head/arms in, that wall is your point zero. From it you measure the distance to where her shell ends (legs/tail pulled inside). Most of us get a ruler or another object to mark that distance before measuring. 4 " is still VERY YOUNG tortoise. At 1 yr old we call them YEARLINGS

G

grakesshnika

You may try Fullscale Reptiles and Exotics. They posted last 08 May of their cherry head red footed hatchlings. They are based in Quezon City.