Hello Forum New To the site. from Hollywood Ca

chicovallarta

Gabriel Rocha Navarro.jpgI have two wonderful Sulcatas, Bella and Tris I got them 4yrs ago both sisters but one grew much larger then the other. They love to Run out side my patio and eat Nopales (cactus) and grass. when its hot I do put some romaine lettuce but try o stick to thee diet. no fruit at all, not good for them. happy to have a site t share there adventures. :tort::tort:

Last edited by a moderator:

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Welcome to the forum!

It wouldn't surprise me at all to learn that Bella and Tris are male. If you take a picture of their underside, including the tail area, we can tell you for sure. (Its just that females are a lot more scarce than males.)

chicovallarta

20140318_192441_resized.jpg
Yvonne G said:
Welcome to the forum!

It wouldn't surprise me at all to learn that Bella and Tris are male. If you take a picture of their underside, including the tail area, we can tell you for sure. (Its just that females are a lot more scarce than males.)

20140318_192343_resized.jpg20140318_192449_resized.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

ascott

10 Year Member!
Apple Valley, California
I would GUESS male...but my post will bump your thread back to the top so some of the others can have a go at it....:D Especially since I don't guess well from pics....

T33's Torts

5 Year Member
Neverland!
They're too small to make a positive guess, but the first looks female, and second male.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
It may just be that they aren't starting yet to show their sex characteristics. Male anal scutes point outward, and the first picture the anal scutes are pointing outward just a tiny bit, however the tail if very small, like a female.

Female anal scutes point straight back or inward.

Both those tails look female to me, but I think you're going to have to wait until they grow a bit more to know for sure.

HJ1983

New York City
If you didn't say that you had them for 4 years I would have thought you named them after the protagonists of Twilight and Divergent. I know nothing about sexing but I had a guinea pig I named Bella (after beauty and the beast) and it turned out to be Bello. As for Tris if it turns out to be a boy... Tristan maybe? Very beautiful little tortoises you have there.

N2TORTS

5 Year Member
Well Hello Neighbor ....." Welcome to the Forum " ! :)

JD~:shy: