Hello! A little(lot) help needed asap please!

Drummeryjam

Location (City and/or State)
Somerset, UK
The ceiling decided to spring a leak today so only just got round to taking a proper look again haha, he's got the spurs so yea looks like you guys are right on the Greek ID :) i've got a load of bricks coming later so I can get started on the enclosure, I don't have any wire to go over the top though and i'm worried about cats so I may bring him in of an evening still? I guess I can find an info sheet on here about what to do now but is there anything in particular I can do to get him better?

Drummeryjam

Somerset, UK
Don't worry about cats.
A lot of us deal with feral cats and they do no physical harm. But other opportunistic predators might be out there.
Interesting tattoo, by the way.:)
Ok, the only things round these parts that could really do damage are foxes i think, and i'm pretty sure there's no way they can get into my garden but will bring him in just in case :) will birds bother him as well?
And thanks! Interesting is what I tend to go for haha :)

Linhdan Nguyen

Maryland
Hello & welcome :)
So glad he was able to fall into your arms for care. As everyone mentioned , hes in pretty rough shape but from what i see from your posts, youre more than willing to give him the proper necessities to make the rest of his life comfortable. Thanks you :)

Drummeryjam

Somerset, UK
Ok so google says i'm going to need an indoor enclosure as well as an outdoor one, is this right? If so when am I supposed to have him in? And is there a way I can make an indoor one on a budget and using minimum space? (I have a human baby due in ten weeks in an already cramped house!)

Linhdan Nguyen

Maryland
outdoor enclosures depend on your climate and how much you can spend building one for your tortoise. I believe @JoesMum also has a Greek tortoise and he lives outside. Hopefully she can suggest to you ideas for outdoor enclosures in the UK. If you search "outdoor enclosures" on this forum or go to the enclosure section, you will see many different enclosure ideas. Just browse around, see what you like and ask questions :)

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
Hi

On top of the Greek sheet posted by Yvonne, you should also read Beginner Mistakes
http://www.tortoiseforum.org/threads/beginner-mistakes.45180/

And you will find my Outdoor Accommodation in the UK thread helpful
http://www.tortoiseforum.org/threads/outdoor-accommodation-in-a-colder-uk-climate.140866/

Your Ibera Greek needs to eat a diet of leafy greens. Garden weeds grazed from the lawn are perfect. I supplement with store bought greens and weeds picked from known safe spots.

He can't digest sugars properly - they cause kidney and digestive problems - so fruit, tomato, peppers and carrot should only be fed very sparingly and very occasionally.

Feel free to ask questions. Tag me if you need me as I can't be on the forum much this week.

Last edited:

Razan

5 Year Member
Riverside, CA
Ok so google says i'm going to need an indoor enclosure as well as an outdoor one, is this right? If so when am I supposed to have him in? And is there a way I can make an indoor one on a budget and using minimum space? (I have a human baby due in ten weeks in an already cramped house!)

Congratulations on the incoming human baby :)
and now you have lots of great tortoise information to play with too.
Guess you are going to be real busy with the new ones.

TammyJ

5 Year Member
Jamaica
Hello and welcome to you and your very lucky tortoise. Lucky that you got him and obviously want to give him the very best of care! This is a great site to stick with!

I have absolutely no problem identifying this tortoise for you. He is definitely and without any doubt a Fortunate tortoise!

Drummeryjam

Somerset, UK
Hello and welcome to you and your very lucky tortoise. Lucky that you got him and obviously want to give him the very best of care! This is a great site to stick with!

I have absolutely no problem identifying this tortoise for you. He is definitely and without any doubt a Fortunate tortoise!
Aha thankyou! That's so sweet :) :)