hair in poop

Status
Not open for further replies.

clark

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
cape canaveral/cocoa beach florida
Question my tortoise clark has produced on 3 diff occasion's stool with hair in it.I dont know how he gets the hair neither me or my roommate have long hair and i vacume 4 times a week and keep my floors clean.COULD these hairs i find that reach 10 12inches long cause problems.hair is mainly fiber and calcium and my instinct tells me no but i could be wrong.

Cam

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Minnesota
do you have any other "hairy pets"? My only concern would be if it was a thicker, more of a string that could wrap around or get cought in his intestines and couse trouble.

It's not celery, fibrous something from his diet or worms?

Crazy1

10 Year Member!
Inland Empire, CA
Cam said:
do you have any other "hairy pets"? My only concern would be if it was a thicker, more of a string that could wrap around or get cought in his intestines and couse trouble.

It's not celery, fibrous something from his diet or worms?

Cam my thoughts were on the same line as yours, either the ever dreaded worms (which can look like hair) or someone who has long hair has been around, Could be some kind of string from something or carpet fiber (10 to 12 inches???)

Cam

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Minnesota
I also noticed that the grass starter pot I have that the roots of the grass are even longer than the grass itself? Do you have any plants growing in the enclosure that he could be eating the roots of?

clark

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
cape canaveral/cocoa beach florida
the pic of the worms are horrid.NO its not worms its hair my mom comes over once in a blue moon and shes about the only person i know that has hair that long.He roams the house on mon tues and wed every week for 5 hours atleast so he could be chewing on the carpet i dont know i keep a very good eye on him.I do have plants growing in his enclosure.i vacume alot

Cam

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Minnesota
sorry to creep you out with the pics. I am glad it's not worms...it's amazing what lingers in the carpets;)

B

Bansh88

My guys poop out a piece of long hair once in a while. You girls with your long hair!

It happens

aka2tal

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
We adopted a Sulcata that is 7 years old. It had been kept in a large wood box in a back porch. A Week after we adopted it, it pooped out a 12 inch long necklace chain. I called the lady we adopted it from - she put the phone down, then came back and said that the chain that hung from a hook in the back porch was gone. It had been on a hook over the box. Luckily it was just the chain and it all came out with no problem. Can you imagine the tortoise just chewing and eating it like a long piece of spaghetti.

David

Cam

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Minnesota
gives new meaning to "iron stomach":p

Status
Not open for further replies.