Golden Greek Tortoises

Status
Not open for further replies.

tejai7

5 Year Member
We are getting our 2 male baby Golden Greek Tortoises in April. I am looking for any information about substrate, food, heat and humidity. I have researched all sorts of information and I would really like advise from owners. I have already bought a 40 gallon terrarium. About how long do u think i could keep them in this terrarium? They are going to be about 1.5" when they arrive. Any info would help. Thanks again everyone!

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Chicago, Illinois, USA
I really can't help much on the Greeks. Hang on though, someone will. You will have to keep and eye on them. If one seems to thrive and the other doesn't seem to, that's when you should probably separate. You should get a scale and keep weights on them so you know if they are both gaining and not just one gaining. You could also send GBTortoises a pm and ask your questions.

kirby2591

5 Year Member
For my greek basking temp is 95-100F, around that is 80F and down to 70F on the cool side. I keep humidity around 60... although qith yours being so small you may want to try to keep that higher to try to prevent pyramiding. As for food I feed her a mix of greens(collard greens, kale, radish tops, organic spring mix, and romaine)... for substrate im using straight coconut coir. This is what I've picked up as to be correct care, but I've only had my tort for a little over a month now. Gl m hf

Status
Not open for further replies.