Going on vacation need help!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

stuntdouble

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Santa Cruz, Ca
Me and my girlfriend are going on a family cruise. We will be gone 5days and 4nights, I was wondering if it would be better to transport my little guys to my friends house to watch over them. This way they would have someone around most of the time. The other option is to leave them here at home and have someone come here once a day. Lights are timed either way so that's no problem at all. Thanks for any responses!

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
I would have someone come to your place. A lot less stress on the torts then putting them in a temp enclosure and bringing them to someone. Unless, you can move their whole enclosure that they are in now. Then they probably wouldn't have a clue, except for the ride.

Madkins007

10 Year Member!
Nebraska
A week is not a big issue. Feed them a little heavily for a few days before you go and leave food that won't smell too bad if it 'turns'- mushrooms, greens, etc.

The big issues are water and humidity control. If they are covered, then this really is not a hardship for them.

Note, however, that my FIRST choice would be for someone to come over and take care of them!

stuntdouble

5 Year Member
Santa Cruz, Ca
Alright. My only concern about not having someone at least swing by and check on them is, sometimes Rawlo will go a little crazy. He will run over his plants, climb his house, dive off his house haha. I will usually let him out when he does that and let him romp around a little. If he doesn't get that free time I'm afraid he could possibly flip. I really don't want to be worried the whole time, I would def prefer them staying home so I guess I can just have someone swing by every other day or so.

Status
Not open for further replies.