Getting a bit worried

Status
Not open for further replies.

princessdreamsxxx

5 Year Member
One of my females has been separating herself off from the others for nearly a week she will not sleep with them and climbs out of her garden to get into the bigger garden to sit under this tree she likes she has shown no signs of digging just sits there her eating has slowed down I am just getting a bit worried that she might get egg bound she has carried these eggs since march at least when she wanted to best back then but still would not lay them this will be her second lay but her first in this garden please bare un mind her first lay was over 4 days and was 29!!! Eggs all dropped all over the garden I could not believe it so hence the concern does anyone else's female have this behaviour? The tree she sits under has no dirt it is built up by rubble and bricks and then topped with cobbles very little dirt is in the root area

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Chicago, Illinois, USA
RE: Getting a but worried

Because a member has lost two of her torts to being egg bound, i would have her checked out by a vet. Just to be on the safe side. Good luck

turtlelady80

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Tortoise Farm

The only advice I can give to you (I just lost two of my female Leos) is PAY ATTENTION. If she seems "off" to you, something is wrong. Has she gotten sluggish, depressed and is she getting around ok? Listen, I don't want to scare you but I wrote down on a Thursday in my Tortoise Log that my female was acting "off" and wasn't interested in eating. Monday she was dead. It happened so fast. Get your tort to the vet and get an XRAY. How long ago did she lay the 29 eggs? She will be due to lay more (her 2nd clutch) 30-45 days after her 1st clutch. That might help to know.

Here's a thought...She might be staying away from the other torts because she wants her space. She might be going off on her own away from the others to not be bothered so she can lay in peace. If the male is in her face all the time I would take him out and let her relax. She might be completely fine:) She might be testing the ground in different areas that are more secluded. Just keep a close eye on her. Let us know...

princessdreamsxxx

5 Year Member

All booked in at the vets tomorrow! Do they do x rays whilst you wait?

She is booked in tomorrow at the vets do they X-ray whilst you wait? I have requested one!

princessdreamsxxx

5 Year Member
Well I am gob smacked she has no eggs so she has either laid them or has been acting out the process for the past few weeks??? But I feel a lot happier she still keeps climbing out and sitting under this tree in the same place and still won't eat or sleep with the others??

princessdreamsxxx

5 Year Member
Yes she is still seperating herself but I am making sure she eats she just wants to be in the shade all the time hiding away so I think I am now going to corner her off so she has to have some sun I am worried about her uv intake

Status
Not open for further replies.