fidos new 'toy'

johnandjade

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
scotland
decided to try one of the practice golf balls stuffed with some food in (and poking out) as a kind of 'toy' to help keep our little guy busy, needless to say he lost interest as soon as the food was gone lol. ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1419259478.364942.jpg

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
It's always good to think of different ways to enrich your tortoise's life. Too bad the ball itself didn't interest him. I've seen sulcatas "playing" with things like that.

johnandjade

5 Year Member
scotland
thanks yvonne, we left the ball in the enclosure so hopefully he might go back to it. it's not crule if the ball just has food left in thats not accsessable?

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
No, I think that would be a human trait. I doubt a tortoise would find it cruel. He would just keep trying until he gives up.

johnandjade

5 Year Member
scotland
exallent, hes allways got fresh food down anyway and will make sure clean out the old stuff from ball every so often. hopefully we'll get an action shot :)

johnandjade

5 Year Member
scotland
thanks jodie, hopefully over time we'll have a wee soccer star lol.

johnandjade

5 Year Member
scotland
put some pellet food in the ball then soaked so they expanded, seams to be holding interest!

katfinlou

5 Year Member
Could you post it on YouTube and post a link on here? That's all I could think of for my egg laying video but never actually got round to it with me being so poorly lately. Hope you manage to upload it, I'd love to see him playing with it :)

johnandjade

5 Year Member
scotland
Could you post it on YouTube and post a link on here? That's all I could think of for my egg laying video but never actually got round to it with me being so poorly lately. Hope you manage to upload it, I'd love to see him playing with it :)

hope your on the mend! will try you tube, need to set up acount but too much beer today to try lol