Facebook?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neal

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Arizona
terryo said:
I lost a good friend that I've had for 22 years because she misinterpreted the meaning of my post on someone's face book page. That's it for me. Most people I know who are on face book only go on to spy on other people. I hate face book now.

That's why I only go on there for games.

Cameron

10 Year Member!
Oklahoma
i just found joined the tortoise forum on facebook.

Cameron Young

ChiKat

10 Year Member!
FL
terryo said:
I lost a good friend that I've had for 22 years because she misinterpreted the meaning of my post on someone's face book page. That's it for me. Most people I know who are on face book only go on to spy on other people. I hate face book now.

I am seeing the bad side of Facebook lately. I'm sorry this happened to you :(
There has been so much drama in my group of friends lately and people just get pissed at things they see on FB. I'm considering deleting mine (maybe temporarily?)
Plus I'm always interpreting things the wrong way- Facebook really isn't a good thing for me to have, ha.
I am kind of nosey though and I like finding things out :rolleyes:

TylerStewart

10 Year Member!
Las Vegas, NV.
Neal Butler said:
I'm on facebook, but I really only go on there to play Farmville.

Don't lie, Neal.... I have inside access to your Facebook page. You get on there to keep tabs on old girlfriends. It's ok, I do it too.

Kristina

10 Year Member!
Cadillac, Michigan
Wow, really, people actually take Facebook THAT seriously, that they are getting into fights and breaking up friendships over it?

I talk to my friends, play games, and make funny status quotes. It sounds to me like the "drama" is coming from people flat out being over-dramatic. Generally people like that bring their own trouble no matter where they are. Sheesh.

I friended a few people, now I am not sure if that was a good idea. I typically post my drinking escapades on there, and it might color your opinions of me.... :p

Neal

10 Year Member!
Arizona
TylerStewart said:
Neal Butler said:
I'm on facebook, but I really only go on there to play Farmville.

Don't lie, Neal.... I have inside access to your Facebook page. You get on there to keep tabs on old girlfriends. It's ok, I do it too.

lol, they all blocked me. Believe me I tried. What's funny Tyler is that ever since I friended you I keep getting requests from chicks with nude pictures.

TylerStewart

10 Year Member!
Las Vegas, NV.
Neal Butler said:
lol, they all blocked me. Believe me I tried. What's funny Tyler is that ever since I friended you I keep getting requests from chicks with nude pictures.

Was that a complaint? It's been a while since I had any nude friend requests. At least the spam ones.

tobibaby

5 Year Member
SoCal
im on facebook u get friend me but make sure TFO is put in the message box.. my user name is nathalie samuelian bigon

ChiKat

10 Year Member!
FL
kyryah said:
Wow, really, people actually take Facebook THAT seriously, that they are getting into fights and breaking up friendships over it?

I talk to my friends, play games, and make funny status quotes. It sounds to me like the "drama" is coming from people flat out being over-dramatic. Generally people like that bring their own trouble no matter where they are. Sheesh.

I friended a few people, now I am not sure if that was a good idea. I typically post my drinking escapades on there, and it might color your opinions of me.... :p

Over-dramatic is the perfect word to describe my group of friends. They all really just need to grow up.

And I know what you mean about the drinking escapades. Sometimes I forget I'm "friends" with my conservative relatives...my status last Sunday was "now I remember why I stopped drinking vodka"
and my CREEPY 65-year old uncle "liked" it and sent me a message asking if I had a little headache...eek

Neal

10 Year Member!
Arizona
TylerStewart said:
Neal Butler said:

Was that a complaint? It's been a while since I had any nude friend requests. At least the spam ones.

No complaints ;), yeah they're just spam though.

abra

5 Year Member
Mass
Rambo has facebook :p it's in my signature, if you want to add me just look for Abra Rambo under the people who liked his page or just search Abra Rambo just make sure I know your from the forum :) I usually don't accept people I don't personally know but I'll make an exception for TFO!

TylerStewart

10 Year Member!
Las Vegas, NV.
abra said:
I usually don't accept people I don't personally know but I'll make an exception for TFO!

I think ya'll are crazy for adding anyone you don't know. I don't even add people I slightly know. Neal kinda found a loophole so he got in LOL. I also go through my list about once a month and delete whoever I think isn't needed on there. High school friends that I haven't seen in 10 years? Gone. Siblings to my friends? Gone. Anyone who is openly a proud Obama lover? Not a chance LOL - I know they'll eventually get mad about the antics of my page, so I just leave them off to begin with. I don't have 200 friends in real life, so I limit my personal Facebook page to 200. Right now I have 181 (I just deleted 15).

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I thought anyone had to be approved by you to be a "friend." How did they get on there without your approval?

TylerStewart

10 Year Member!
Las Vegas, NV.
emysemys said:
I thought anyone had to be approved by you to be a "friend." How did they get on there without your approval?

To see your page (assuming it's a private page), they do have to be approved by you, but anyone can send a "request for friendship." I used to approve people I kinda knew (friends of friends), but I no longer do, and have cut many of those types of people off. I'm just not comfortable with people I don't really know seeing that much of my personal information, photos, and thoughts.

I think Facebook is a great thing if set up right and used right (like I feel I'm doing), but to just add anyone, or let anyone in on that much of your personal information is asking for trouble. If you can't say what you want to say without offending someone, it takes the fun out of it, at least for me. My current status talks (sarcastically) about how I'm going to sunbathe nude since we're getting some 66 degree days coming up, and not to peek over my wall between 3:30 and 5 on Friday. To the people on my page, they think it's funny and aren't offended, but that's not the kinda stuff you would say if "everyone" could see it.

Status
Not open for further replies.