Excited to Join!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TORTOISEMAN1

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
FL
Welcome to the Tortoise Forum! i love the pics of Moose.:)

Honey

5 Year Member
Springfield, MO
Welcome!!!

I adore the pictures! Gorgeous tort, and an amazing house, too!

You mentioned your story....
"Our story? I remember as a kid taking pictures on top of a giant tortoise at a zoo... This 25 year old memory reignited itself a year ago out of the blue and has not left my mind since! I began researching heavily the care for a tortoise the same weekend I found him.... I know not the best scenario and looked down upon by fellow owners (I completely understand...) but like they say "If there is a will there is a way." I do understand the lifelong commitment though that I have made..."

I'll tell you that my story is pretty similar to yours! I don't frown upon you or look down on you for pouncing on your chance to add a new member to your family. :) Sometimes, it's just meant to be - and knowing that you're fully aware of the lifelong commitment you're making means that there was forethought - you didn't impulse-adopt. lol He was meant to be yours. <3 You've already learned quite a bit about Sulcatas, from the look and sound of it. Plus, you're willing to learn as much as you can, and that speaks volumes, too!

Madkins007

10 Year Member!
Nebraska
Tsk. I had expected that one of the other moderators would have done this by now, but I guess it IS my turn.

Moose, I know you are excited to join and all, but we are a rather exclusive group and do not allow just anyone in here. You have passed several hurdles already, such as owning a tortoise, and showing enough intelligence to have found us, but I am afraid it is not enough.

There is a certain initiation you must go through. It may seem silly but we all had to do it.

First, we want a... shrubbery!

Then, when you have found the shrubbery, you must place it here, beside this shrubbery, only slightly higher so you get a two layer effect with a little path running down the middle.

Finally, you shall cut down the mightiest tree in the forest... WITH... A HERRING.

Then, and only then, will you be found worthy to join our exhaulted ranks.

hexi99

5 Year Member
wow what a nice tortoise you have there. i have only ever seen a russian tortoise in my area so its neat to see other types. welcome,i to just joined this group

Zamric

10 Year Member!
The Crystal Unicorn
Mark, you are too FUNNY! You know that you already made ME cut down the Mightest Tree with a herring.... he needs to do something MORE dramatic than that!

Status
Not open for further replies.