New member from NC

LadieKatie

Hello!

Just wanted to introduce myself as a new member! My name is Katie and I live in central North Carolina. Im happy to have found this forum and I can't wait to explore it! I do not have a tortoise yet, but I have been researching for months. I was very disheartened to learn that tortoises and turtles are statistically some of the most abandoned pets. So, I have decided that once I have all my preparations in order and am able to give a tortoise a great home, I will adopt one rather than find a hatchling to buy. I have several ideas about enclosures and I have many many questions. I think this may be a great place to bounce ideas off of people and ask all my many questions lol! I look forward to future conversations!

Thanks!
Katie

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
Welcome.
In most cases you'll find that a sturdy adult is slightly easier to care for. It may also require more space than you are aware of.
It is very wise to do your research and have things ready BEFORE you get a tortoise.
Now to choose the species....

lisa127

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
NE Ohio
Welcome! I adopt from rescues as well. One I adopted from a rescue was even a hatchling!