EMERGENCY: Tortoise has dark line on shell

Status
Not open for further replies.

sibi

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Florida, USA
I'm sorry, but the tort you're showing outside doesn't like the tort in your first post. Lines like that, especially if you say they're probably growth lines, don't go away overnight. But, if you say he's fine, there's nothing more we can say. I would have thought you'd want to know what those marks were just out of curiosity.

Mojaverocco

5 Year Member
Southern Nevada
sibi said:
I'm sorry, but the tort you're showing outside doesn't like the tort in your first post. Lines like that, especially if you say they're probably growth lines, don't go away overnight. But, if you say he's fine, there's nothing more we can say. I would have thought you'd want to know what those marks were just out of curiosity.

The tortoise isn't even in that picture lol

theelectraco said:
61 is still too cool for him to be spending most of his time at that temperature. I would keep him inside and keep him warm.

Does his enclosure get a lot of sunlight? There isn't much sun in that shot. What does his indoor setup look like, what are his indoor temps, terrarium size, temps?

His pen gets sunlight until about 1 pm and then it's like that. And his inside is 20 gallons with a hiding spot and a water dish ( for the picture don't mind the water bowl it's not filled up all the way just like 5 millimeters up below the nose line )

image-2010373877.png

theelectraco

5 Year Member
A) your temps are too cold to be keeping your tortoise outside all day, so please get him inside and keep him warm.

B) you need to get that sand out of your tank ASAP, and ideally get him a bigger enclosure.

We keep requesting detailed information or make suggestions and you haven't given us any detailed answers or let us know you are taking the information we give you and applying it to your tortoise. Even if the lines are gone, you should try to figure out what they were and why they appeared. If you want help you need to give us as much information as possible.

sibi

10 Year Member!
Florida, USA
Mojaverocco said:
sibi said:

The tortoise isn't even in that picture lol

Then, why are you showing us an outside enclosure that doesn't have your desert tort in it? Is this just the en losure w/o the tort that had the lines? Can we get an updated pic of the tort u first showed us? Thanks.

theelectraco said:
61 is still too cool for him to be spending most of his time at that temperature. I would keep him inside and keep him warm.

Does his enclosure get a lot of sunlight? There isn't much sun in that shot. What does his indoor setup look like, what are his indoor temps, terrarium size, temps?

His pen gets sunlight until about 1 pm and then it's like that. And his inside is 20 gallons with a hiding spot and a water dish ( for the picture don't mind the water bowl it's not filled up all the way just like 5 millimeters up below the nose line )

View attachment 38236

Status
Not open for further replies.