Donated Texas Tortoise

tortadise

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Tropical South Texas
Wednesday the riverbend nature center came to drop off a Sulcata that was relinquished. Well this place is great. They only work with native animals,plants, and science related education from the state of Texas. So they were very excited to take our donation of a native Texas tortoise to put in there conservancy greenhouse filled with native flora and fauna from Texas. The area cave man(Texas tortoises name) is placed is natural arid south Texas landscape. He has a roadrunner as a friend. The road runner actually loves little cave man. I'll get some photos of him with the road runner if I can.

But if your up in the mineral wells area stop by and check them out. Another great non-profit to support here in Texas.
http://riverbendnaturecenter.wordpress.com

Here's Cave Man before he ventured off to the new sanctuary.
image.jpg

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I just love them. I have 1.2 and they are very small. From a distance you would think they are Russians, they are so small. They have so much personality.

The nature center sounds like a great place. I wish I could visit there one day.

747117wei24kafiu.gif

Elohi

5 Year Member
Texas
Wednesday the riverbend nature center came to drop off a Sulcata that was relinquished. Well this place is great. They only work with native animals,plants, and science related education from the state of Texas. So they were very excited to take our donation of a native Texas tortoise to put in there conservancy greenhouse filled with native flora and fauna from Texas. The area cave man(Texas tortoises name) is placed is natural arid south Texas landscape. He has a roadrunner as a friend. The road runner actually loves little cave man. I'll get some photos of him with the road runner if I can.

But if your up in the mineral wells area stop by and check them out. Another great non-profit to support here in Texas.
http://riverbendnaturecenter.wordpress.com

Here's Cave Man before he ventured off to the new sanctuary.
View attachment 89764
I love the Texas tortoise. I wish we were able to keep them.
I go through mineral wells several times a year. Man that Baker Hotel is CREEPY! It looks more like an asylum than a hotel. Lol.

tortadise

10 Year Member!
Tropical South Texas
I just love them. I have 1.2 and they are very small. From a distance you would think they are Russians, they are so small. They have so much personality.

The nature center sounds like a great place. I wish I could visit there one day.

747117wei24kafiu.gif
Yeah they're wee little gopherus for sure. We have had some here though that were quite large. However these were turned over by a 90 year old lady who had them since she was a little girl. So they were quite old, and already adults when she got them.

tortadise

10 Year Member!
Tropical South Texas
I love the Texas tortoise. I wish we were able to keep them.
I go through mineral wells several times a year. Man that Baker Hotel is CREEPY! It looks more like an asylum than a hotel. Lol.
He ha yeah it's aged look for sure.

bouaboua

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
San Jose CA
This is one species of my dream. They just so pretty.