Diff btwn the care of Aldabra/Sulcata

Status
Not open for further replies.

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
CA
5G for a galop, here in calif they are usually around 10G or so.

ALDABRAMAN

KEEPER AT HEART
10 Year Member!
SW Forida
Tom said:
You don't need a PERMIT for a sulcata. You need a HEALTH CERTIFICATE to cross state lines legally.

You DO need a permit for Galops to cross state lines.

You DON'T need a permit for Aldabras. They just aren't as endangered, and/or the silly lawmakers just have not gotten around to making it difficult to own an Aldab. YET...

If anyone ever wanted an Aldabra, I think you would be crazy to not take a drive to meet Aldabraman and get it from him. He is THE premier Aldabra breeder in the US, and we are all privileged to have him as an active member right here on our forum. This should not be taken for granted. NO ONE anywhere gets to see and experience the things that he routinely shares with us here. It really is something special.

... just in case everyone didn't already realize this...

ALDABRAMAN said:
Tom said:
I met a zoo keeper who thought he was having great success because he was occasionally having a few Aldabras hatch out every other year. He had been trying for years and had all sorts of elaborate details and tricks to make it all happen. I told him about my friend in FL and he just sort of looked at me in disbelief. I told him to go to TFO and look it up. Its all documented with 100's of gorgeous pics. He asked me to give Aldabraman his contact info, which I happily did.

Thanks again Tom, We have spoke extensively on the phone.

Yes, but do you think you were able to help him much? Or does he just need to move the whole operation to FL? :D

Without going into details, They/He is doing everything great. That female is a great producer and the male looks very nice! I have pictures of this years hatchlings from him, I will try and figure out how to transfer them from my e-mail onto here.

MORTYtheTORTY

5 Year Member
Cali
dmmj said:
5G for a galop, here in calif they are usually around 10G or so.

OUCH! Maybe Leonardo DIcaprio should've bought a Galop instead of a Sulcata hahaha I want a Aldab in the future...they look like sweet giant creatures! =)​

IF you could post pics then that'd be great Greg

Galapagos Torts look VERY similar to Aldabs, except the fact that Aldabs are darker in color!

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Tom wrote:
If anyone ever wanted an Aldabra, I think you would be crazy to not take a drive to meet Aldabraman and get it from him. He is THE premier Aldabra breeder in the US, and we are all privileged to have him as an active member right here on our forum. This should not be taken for granted. NO ONE anywhere gets to see and experience the things that he routinely shares with us here. It really is something special.

... just in case everyone didn't already realize this...

I agree as I am sure many others do also. The time he spends taking the pics so we can all enjoy them is just fantastic. I sure hope ALDABRAMAN knows how much we appreciate it. Please keep them coming as you should know we do appreciate them, love seeing them, and dream of having them:D

MORTYtheTORTY

5 Year Member
Cali
YES wellington, that is correct =D I love looking at his pics and makes me happy how healthy and happy they look! I am grateful that Greg can keep us all updated daily.

Status
Not open for further replies.