Desert Tortoise owners in Phoenix area?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stitch

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Corona ,CA
Hey guys... It's been a while and my DT's are doing good, been sleeping since it got colder here in New Mexico. I am heading out to Phoenix/Mesa/Gilbert AZ for Thanksgiving week and was thinking about relocation my 2 DT's to my mom's house there. As much as I hate to see them go I just think they would be happy having the run of the yard and a climate much more suited for them. Originally Phoenix is where they came from as babies (mom and dad were pets)
My question was , since I bought these guys in last month as it got cold, they are doing there hybernation thing in a tank in my house... I made 1/2 of the tank like a cave they go in and sleep, sometimes they come out for water. Is it bad to relocate them to AZ outdoors in the nice warm weather? Or should I not be worried and just bring them and let them go in their new yard? The yard is tortoise safe and perfect for them :) Thanks for your thoughts!
Shawn

Pics of them on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/album.php?aid=132449&id=720440543

Status
Not open for further replies.