Desert tortoise enclosure Phoenix area (hibernation)

Ida

My little Ms Ida the desert tortoise has been working away in her enclosure. Last year my first winter having her she was in a enclosure that was east facing, I've added another one south facing. it's still in the 90s here in Phoenix getting cool at night so I can see her habits are changing. anyone out there have there's already going to hibernation?
Thanks PamImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1413503466.942814.jpg

ascott

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Apple Valley, California
I am in the High Desert in California....two of the men folk here went down within the last week...while the other two are still out an about...slower for sure, but still out....is that hide covered in dirt on the outside?

Ida

That's interesting they all go down at different times, so they all have different burrows? Yes lots of dirt.

motero

10 Year Member!
Arizona
My youngest has turned in. The others are still sunning and eating.

Reactions: Ida

ascott

10 Year Member!
Apple Valley, California
My uncle was here tonight for a visit...he asked about the men folk here...he has a CDT at his house in the city of San Bernardino....he said his tortoise has retreated to his burrow as well....interesting for sure....

kathyth

10 Year Member!
Beaumont, CA.
My female desert tortoise in Southern Calif. has been down for about 2 weeks.
One month earlier than last year.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Mine are still eating. But it really hasn't gotten cold yet. The nights are just now starting to dip down to 58F, but the sun is still shining and the daytime temps are still in the upper 70's low 80's. Mine are usually all dug in by Halloween, but it looks like that's not going to happen this year.