Day off and learning how to use camera properly (pic heavy)

allegraf

10 Year Member!
I totally dorked out today and took some pics of my torts. I am finally learning how to properly use my SLR, I am still a work in progress, but I can totally see the improvement. Enjoy the pics, I enjoyed taking them! I was also lazy and didn't wet anyone up so here they are in all their dirty glory. I think it actually made for more interesting pictures as you can see all the cracks between the scales. Kind of like wrinkles that give you character.

This is Wicked. He is my favorite male, not only for the amount and intensity of his color but this little dude has a ton of attitude that makes for some great poses. He always personally challenges anyone who comes into the pen. I give you Wicked:

Some of the females that still have no name:

Stackhouse, another male:

Cherry Pie, another tort with 'tude. She is great:

My favorite orange girl, Rambutan:

Other off colored girl, Lemmonhead:

The bumpy queens, Tallulah and Martha:

The glorious Gogo (female):

pfara

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Maryland
It's always great seeing pics and updates from you, Allegra. I gotta ask: when do reds get those scary, intense eyes? I've always been conflicted about wanting my reds to get bigger (not like I can help that). They get more personality the older/larger they get, but it seems like most of the pics of adult reds I see have those crazy eyes. Maybe personality is directly related to how intense the eyes are? :p

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Your tortoises are just so pretty. Poor Martha. You can sure see the difference when she started receiving good care.

allegraf

10 Year Member!
Your tortoises are just so pretty. Poor Martha. You can sure see the difference when she started receiving good care.
Yes, I have to do some follow up shots of Martha to track her progression. It has actually been two years since we got her. That may need to wait for another day off from work.

Anyfoot

5 Year Member
UK Sheffield
I totally dorked out today and took some pics of my torts. I am finally learning how to properly use my SLR, I am still a work in progress, but I can totally see the improvement. Enjoy the pics, I enjoyed taking them! I was also lazy and didn't wet anyone up so here they are in all their dirty glory. I think it actually made for more interesting pictures as you can see all the cracks between the scales. Kind of like wrinkles that give you character.

This is Wicked. He is my favorite male, not only for the amount and intensity of his color but this little dude has a ton of attitude that makes for some great poses. He always personally challenges anyone who comes into the pen. I give you Wicked:

Some of the females that still have no name:

Stackhouse, another male:

Cherry Pie, another tort with 'tude. She is great:

My favorite orange girl, Rambutan:

Other off colored girl, Lemmonhead:

The bumpy queens, Tallulah and Martha:

The glorious Gogo (female):
Love them all. I like it when people put photo's on as they should be, and not glammed up with water. Love wicked's facial look and Martha's beedy eyes. Thanks for sharing.

allegraf

10 Year Member!
It's always great seeing pics and updates from you, Allegra. I gotta ask: when do reds get those scary, intense eyes? I've always been conflicted about wanting my reds to get bigger (not like I can help that). They get more personality the older/larger they get, but it seems like most of the pics of adult reds I see have those crazy eyes. Maybe personality is directly related to how intense the eyes are? :p

Most of mine have the yellow sclera in their eyes. They are born with it, it doesn't develop over time, but if they have it, it does get more intense as they get older. All the better to give the stink eye!

Bryan

10 Year Member!
Outstanding group! How long have you had Gogo? She's a beaut! Wicked is insane, I hope that we see some Wicked X Cherrypie or Gogo offspring in the near future!

Bryan

10 Year Member!
I say Wicked X Darth Maul would be a good cross...

Don't tease me like that Carl! I would lose my mind if you were able to pull off that breeding! Is Wicked bigger than Moe?