Day 2 - ignoring food

Status
Not open for further replies.

dianetoddles15

5 Year Member
I just introduced new food to Todd yesterday, all he does is look at it and walk through it like he could care less. I just wish i knew when to expect him to finally eat?

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Is this only two days that you have had him? If so, give him some time to get accustomed to his new home and you always watching him. Also, what are you feeding him?

dianetoddles15

5 Year Member
No i've had him for almost 2 years, this is day 2 of tryin new food. Im feeding him now collards, dandelion leaves, and endive with fiber stuff. Its supposed to be healthier then what i was feeding him before but he looks at it like its an alien

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Okay, forget my first post. Have you tried mixing his old food with the new? Chop the new food small. Chop his old food just a little bigger. Mix it all together and spritz with water. When he eats his old bad stuff, he has to eat the new stuff too, cause it will stick together. As he gets used too this, a could days or so, start putting less and less of the old food until there is only new foods he is eating.

Another thing that helps sometimes too. In the a.m. When he wakes. Give him a warm soak and then feed him right out of the soak.

dianetoddles15

5 Year Member
I thought about doing that but i wasnt sure... Okay i'll try, thanks for the help!

Status
Not open for further replies.