D: hurricane coming at where I am tonight!

Status
Not open for further replies.

CtTortoiseMom

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
CT
Mao Senpai said:
Well, its passed us now. A bunch of trees fell.. water retention thingys full and some power lines down. Some shingles and vents are flying around but nothing is too series. People are outside roaming so I'm guessing its alright. Buisinesses are openining soon as well. The power did went out last night around 3:45am and came back on just now. It... was kinda fun actually haha but hey it could have been real real bad.

Glad ur okay Mao!

Mao Senpai

5 Year Member
North Carolina
Thanks guys. Now I am just worried about my family in CT and NYC lol :( Hopefully it will be nothing but a storm when it gets there.

Angrycowgoesmoo

5 Year Member
Alexandria, VA
For me it lucky started in the morning instead of at night which it was planned too. No trees fell down though :D It's still going on and gladly the lights are still working! But I was really glad they said it was only in category 1

Blondeangel

5 Year Member
Charleston, SC
terryo said:
You're right, and I won't be sleeping tonight. The eye is going to hit us at 2am. I'm sitting at my desk in my room doing some last minute work for my son, and looking out the window at my BIG weeping willow tree, and wondering which way the wind will blow. It's pretty windy right now and raining, but the biggie hasn't hit yet.

The eye is usually the calmest part of the storm. That's usually when everyone in my neighborhood runs outside and walks the dogs & takes a look around. It's usually this completely eerie calm in a storm, but watching the storm on TV I don't really see a nice defined eye that a typical hurricane has, so that calm might not be as apparent.

Bubba30

5 Year Member
Miami, Florida
I live in Miami and these past few years we have gotten really lucky. Well be safe guys.

XoOXO BUBBA AND CARLA

SulcataSquirt

5 Year Member
Missouri
Glad so far so good for you guys - hope it stays that way for the rest of you as it continues up the coast!

CtTortoiseMom

5 Year Member
CT
TerryO, AnthonyC, Tony the tank, John...

How are you? We have no wifi and no cable but other than that we just have heavy rain at this point. Our thoughts are with you and your families as you all go through this hurricane.

froghaven5

5 Year Member
New Jersey
Faired just fine here in NJ. No tornado as we were warned about. Didn't loose electric, though we almost did twice. Basement is mostly dry. A branch did fall on one of the coops and minor repair needs to be done. So far so good. We are expecting more winds up through this afternoon though. Hope everyone else has faired well.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
froghaven5 said:
Faired just fine here in NJ. No tornado as we were warned about. Didn't loose electric, though we almost did twice. Basement is mostly dry. A branch did fall on one of the coops and minor repair needs to be done. So far so good. We are expecting more winds up through this afternoon though. Hope everyone else has faired well.

Glad everything pretty was okay at your end.

Status
Not open for further replies.