COLD DARK ROOM

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Lancaster
Hope everyone is having a happy holidays! Sorry to the Christmas card group I had to sacrifice all my free time to work on my kitchen, but thank you for the ones I got! Kitchen is maybe 75% done- trim, gas line for stove, backslash etc need done. Happy with pennies I saved for sure since this is a hundred times better than before. The butcherblocks are great and look forward to them getting a used look. Nice to have some counter space to make tortoise loaf on! Bermuda grass pellets, hibiscus, plantain & agar agar. Stove would be functional if Amazon would have made the delivery like the advertised oh well!
That's really beautiful now. It does take time when you also work a job.

SuzanneZ

Georgetown
I didn't get my turkey fix this year cuz I opted out of cooking one simply due to the mess and trouble for one person. So last time I was at the store I bought a frozen turkey breast and yesterday I cooked it in the slow cooker. MISTAKE!! The recipe called for cutting up carrots, celery and onons and placing those in the bottom of the cooker, then the turkey on top, which keeps it above the juices. Far as the cooking is concerned, the turkey was done to a turn!Quite excellent! However, onions is not a flavor I'm used to associating with turkey. The slight oniony flavor was quite the turn off for me. I wonder if the cats will like it.
One year a neighbor brought over a Thanksgiving plate. The largest portion was the most moist turkey I've ever had. However, shortly after, I understood why they gave me so much turkey. Garlic! Garlic! Garlic! I couldn't eat the bird either.

Onion might be only a touch less awful. What did the cats do?

jeff kushner

North of Annapolis
Garlic! Garlic! Garlic!
Bane of my existence.

The secret to a happy life? SLEEP! Going to bed just one hour later than usual is enough to make you miserable, study suggests​

• Getting less sleep than usual makes people feel less positive and happy
  • Researchers looked at 154 studies that spanned more than 50 years

Kerry went out with the girls last night for dinner, she went to bed at 10:48PM after talking with her daughter for an hour on the phone. 12 more minutes and she could have called to say "good morning" to me!

I went to bed at 6PM and I woke up at 11:00PM.....according to their studies, I should be a horrible mess. LOL

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
Happy Holidays to everyone in the CDR. Not too much new here…still enjoying retirement, gardening, woodworking & my volunteer work at a Smithsonian facility. Not too much kayaking this year, too hot & busy. Our Sully continues to grow, is too heavy to lift and is enjoying life.

wishing you all a healthy & happy New Year & happy holidays.

We did get out on the water right after Thanksgiving….but not kayaking!

B5FBDD89-A091-43DF-AC9C-E7AFFAF51342.jpeg

MaNaAk

Southend
Happy Holidays to everyone in the CDR. Not too much new here…still enjoying retirement, gardening, woodworking & my volunteer work at a Smithsonian facility. Not too much kayaking this year, too hot & busy. Our Sully continues to grow, is too heavy to lift and is enjoying life.

wishing you all a healthy & happy New Year & happy holidays.

We did get out on the water right after Thanksgiving….but not kayaking!

View attachment 364461
Wow! What a lovely boat you own!

Natrah

jeff kushner

North of Annapolis
Mark listened, don't you guys remember? "We're gonna need a bigger boat!"

Congrats on your trip!

No Ms Cathie, you did not get gipped because it came from the heart....very cool!

Hope all are enjoying their Christmas eve, however you guys do it. We are having a roast this evening, kerrys son is joining us. Tomorrow we will go to my ex wife & her husband's house to celebrate with the kids and stuff. Poor son, got his new car struck in a lot, no note. He was crestfallen. He's getting a "collision coupon". LOL

Merry Christmas all!

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Mark listened, don't you guys remember? "We're gonna need a bigger boat!"

Congrats on your trip!

No Ms Cathie, you did not get gipped because it came from the heart....very cool!

Hope all are enjoying their Christmas eve, however you guys do it. We are having a roast this evening, kerrys son is joining us. Tomorrow we will go to my ex wife & her husband's house to celebrate with the kids and stuff. Poor son, got his new car struck in a lot, no note. He was crestfallen. He's getting a "collision coupon". LOL

Merry Christmas all!
He's so funny 🤣 even if he IS the worst critter I've ever had to try to keep up with. I've learned to not let him see me laughing my head off.😜

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
ea16ce5b6562eb41b2824ece982c9990.jpg

Good evening all just popping in on a borrowed laptop to wish you all a very Merry Christmas! I hope you are all well, and have special plans for the Xmas festivities. I'm going to be spending it with a sister and some of her family including baby Isaac who'll be 2 in a few months, so that should be fun.

The weather here is far from Christmassy. Nothing like 'Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow.....' More like 'Let it blow, let it blow, let it blow......' We've had rain and very high winds for several days now and that's set to continue into next week. The temps are above average too and I heard today that it could be the warmest Xmas on record for over a century. Very confusing for the wildlife.

After being parted from my laptop for a few weeks or so when it was left in Leics, it was fixed recently with a new part, but then stopped charging again. So one of my nephews has let me borrow his old one while another nephew is trying to fix mine. I've missed reading all your posts but hope to log in more often now. Fingers crossed for success this time.

Anyway have a lovely Xmas with your families and I'll not see you soon.
Take care x

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
Merry Christmas everyone, I took a little detour. Thought I could at least wish everyone a great Christmas and Happy New Year.
Rose was busy with the decorations this year.
IMG_20231223_202359.jpgIMG_20231223_202352.jpgIMG_20231223_202339.jpgIMG_20231223_202318.jpgIMG_20231223_202310.jpgfIMG_20231223_202303.jpgIMG_20231223_202246.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20231223_202346.jpg
    IMG_20231223_202346.jpg
    341.6 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_20231223_202246.jpg
    IMG_20231223_202246.jpg
    464.4 KB · Views: 1