COLD DARK ROOM

CarolM

Location (City and/or State)
South Africa - Cape Town
For now I am. I'm checking the weather and saying we can't because it's going to rain. So we have a day planned when we get the right day. They're still in school so I'm waiting and watching. Today they're off having a family outing so. I want them because I've spent a few years with them and they're starting to understand how I like things done. They watch for the toads and praying mantis etc.
Look who came to visit. 20190524_212949.jpeg

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Look who came to visit. View attachment 273183
That's a Cutie. I haven't seen one yet this year. But when my grandson and I did some cleaning up we made sure to not hurt them or the butterflies. I've seen my toad and the other day a new (to my yard) species of butterfly. Maybe we'll get to see one the day we pick to do more cleaning up. I'll try to keep my phone handy for pictures.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
What!!!!! I love mantises:D
Me too!!! I protect them as much as I can in my yard! One year for my birthday present from God, there was one on my kitchen wall. That one was probably about 5 inches. I had to find a way to get the critter outside safely because our cat was checking the darling out. Dilly was probably just telling me that "hay there's a scary looking bug in the house!" and expected me to save him..

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Good evening/morning all.
I've been out most of the day with my twin sisters for their birthday so just checked in to see what you've all been up to.
Looks like it's been a quiet day in here, but hopefully everyone is busy doing nice things.
I didn't sleep well last night so I'm pretty tired and just off to bed.
So I'll not see you tomorrow , nos da!

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
Greetings all.

Big last day of the great Tangier Island kayaking adventure. We were out on the water early for an exploratory paddle north to Goose Island, yet another desolate deserted sandy island in the Bay. Higher winds today 10-20 knots blowing NNW across the Bay made for some interesting swells.

Back to the hotel, bags, kayaks loaded on the ferry. An hour and a quarter of open water back to home dock in Crisfield MD. where I’m spending the night. I’ll get a fresh morning start for the road trip home tomorrow.

Protected marsh land right in the car park. A few of us are stying here tonight.

8CDB037D-BEBC-4A7C-B2B4-C0F2EF43782E.jpeg

Kristoff

5 Year Member
Ottawa, Ontario
Ok...I'm going to try again. Meet my little Arrow and thanks for everyone's support. It didn't work again........View attachment 273206I couldn't figure out yet how to post a teeny video.

At least the picture is there. No motion or sound though.
To post a video, you’ll need to upload it to YouTube first, I think, and then embed it here (web version) or share the link.